Temporary Solutions is seeking candidates in the area of Manassas VA interested in joining a banking client as a Mortgage Loan Processor.
· Verifies, compiles, and enters application information for mortgage loans by performing the below duties.
· This position performs purely clerical, or administrative tasks, on behalf of loan originators but does not take consumer credit applications, offer, or negotiate credit terms.
Reviews residential loan application file to verify that application data is complete and meets establishment standards, including type and amount of mortgage, borrower assets, liabilities, and length of employment.
· Corresponds with credit bureau and employer to verify accuracy of information.
· Enters or downloads loan application information in mortgage software.
· Calls specified companies to obtain property abstract, survey, and appraisal.
· Informs supervisor of discrepancies in title or survey.
· Submits mortgage loan application file for underwriting approval.
· Follow-up on any additional requirements by underwriter.
· Creates and mails approval and denial letters to applicants.
· Submits approved mortgage loan file to Mortgage Loan Closer for settlement.
· Approves loan funding sheet.
· Records data on status of loans.
· Provide excellent internal and external customer service.
· Orders Case Numbers from FHA Connection.
· Orders Certificates of Eligibility from VA.
· Runs all loans through DU or LP for preliminary underwriting.
· Processes construction-permanent loans.
· Performs invoice tracking and vendor data base management.
This job requires that the associate gain a working knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) requirements and how they will affect their work. The associate will comply with all requirements of the BSA and cooperate with the designated BSA Officer in assuring compliance.
· Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs.
· Written Communication - Edits work for spelling and grammar
· Knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel and Encompass LOS software
· Working Knowledge of DU, LP and Scorecard for FHA. GUS for USDA
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
· Presents numerical data effectively
· Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
· Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings
· Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback
· Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively
· Able to read and interpret written information Strong organizational, analytical, people and problem-solving skills
· Requires three or more years’ related experience in a correspondent lender environment with FHA, VA, VHDA and CONV loans; as well as other government loans such as USDA.
· Problem Solving: Job requires a high level of problem-solving to find solutions to difficult human, technical, operational, or administrative problems.
· Internal/External Contacts: Internal/external contacts necessary to effectively negotiate, persuade, or present issues to others in the bank or community.
· Independent Judgment: Work assignments are generally received in the form of broad goals for areas(s) of responsibility which requires considerable judgment regarding the interpretation of policies, development of procedures, and selection of appropriate courses of action. Display the ability to work independently and act upon initiative.
· Client/Customer Contacts: Promotes public image of the bank externally by conduct marked by exemplary behavior, integrity, and a high regard for the community.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
· Responsibility for the Work of Others: This job has no supervisory responsibilities
· Other duties as needed.