Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Workstation Development/Endpoint Manager to join our team at our client’s site in Rockville, MD.
We are seeking a Workstation Development/Endpoint Manager to lead and manage the workstation engineers for our client in supporting the National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) in Rockville, MD. You will lead a team of nine engineers, who are responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining Linux, macOS, and Windows workstations in a large, complex technology environment. This team will also provide workstation consulting services to other project teams (including infrastructure design, custom business and scientific software development), customer services branch and cybersecurity teams, to ensure that workstations service customer requirements while adhering to all applicable security requirements. You will serve as the voice of workstation configuration and management at the agency, with responsibility for guiding and transforming the workstation technology activities and priorities of the organization.
The ideal candidate enjoys managing a team and will find the challenges and opportunities provided by a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment satisfying. If you want to work with a dynamic group of dedicated, technical professionals on a collaborative team that supports a life-saving mission of global importance, we encourage you to apply.
Position is for full time employment and will be based at our client's office in Rockville, MD. All NIAID work is being performed remotely until further notice.
- Lead a team of engineers responsible for physical and virtual workstation configuration management and security of a large, complex environment
- Identify workstation challenges, develop innovative technical solutions, and implement and operate these systems
- Interface with both contract and government personnel and management on technical and business decisions in the context of workstation management and software deployment
- Investigate emerging technologies to deliver computing services to end users, including workstation and application virtualization, application streaming, and cloud provisioning, and evaluate these solutions in the context of the organization’s technology posture.
- Collaborate with cybersecurity policy and assessment teams to ensure all workstation compliance requirements are considered and addressed
- Oversee the involvement of workstation subject-matter experts in a consulting role within infrastructure project teams to provide guidance and perspective on configuration and capabilities
- Promote awareness of strategic initiatives, and encourage self-sustaining workstation management practices and behaviors within delivery teams
- Provide operations oversight for all workstation management systems to ensure proper functioning, compliance, and effectiveness, including software delivery and continuous security updates management
- Provide day-to-day operational guidance to team members to ensure required tasks and service requests are completed
- Provide leadership in analysis and prioritization of tier 3 technical support to field and help desk technicians
- Mentor team of security engineers on technical and business development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and 10+ years total information technology experience
- 10 years of general information technology experience in one or more of the following areas: Systems Administration, Network Administration, Systems Engineering, Network Engineering or additional Information Security experience.
- Minimum of five years of dedicated workstation management experience, where responsibilities include planning, deploying, managing and maintaining enterprise desktop, laptop and hybrid endpoints.
- Experience leading and/or managing a team
- Experience managing Linux (CentOS and/or Ubuntu), macOS, and Windows-based workstation environments of 10,000 endpoints or greater.
- Experience managing virtual desktops and applications (Citrix is a plus).
- Experience working with Azure and/or AWS cloud environments
- Hands-on experience with Active Directory and Group Policy Management
- Hands-on experience with SCCM/MECM and/or Intune
- Hands-on experience with Jamf Pro
- Hands-on experience with Absolute Resilience
- Hands-on experience with Salt Stack Enterprise
- Hands-on experience with CIS Benchmarks or similar
- Hands-on experience with endpoint security practices
- Demonstrates excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, analytical, written and communication skills
- Experience communicating complex technology topics to a varied audience, including both technical and business concepts
- Strong leadership and people management skills
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
Posting ID: 593374175Posted: 2021-01-20