Floating Kitchen Supervisor- Brownstown, IN; Scottsburg, IN; Shepherdsville, KY Regional area
Southern Indiana and Northern Kentucky
Tiger Correctional Services – Food Services Division
At Tiger Correctional Services, our mission is to provide the most advanced food service to county detention facilities on a national level. We accomplish this by staying focused and adaptable to changes in technology and service requirements. Learn more at www.tigercorrectional.com
Kitchen Supervisor- Floating, Travel Required
This is a full time, non-exempt level position for multiple sites in the Southern Indiana/ Northern Kentucky Region.
Tiger Correctional Services is seeking an experienced kitchen supervisor to oversee and administer all phases of the food service operations including but not limited to: assignment of work detail , monitoring serving line for food portion control, ordering food and inventory of supplies, food preparation and the overall safety, health & sanitation standards in compliance with company and jail policy and federal, state and local law.
· Conduct daily inventory and maintain tracking logs.
· Responsible for kitchen stock levels and reorders.
· Perform quality checks as required.
· Maintain sanitary & safe conditions and equipment to comply with federal & state standards.
· Prepare meals in accordance with established recipes & menus
· Establish a professional work relationship with company employees, jail administration and facility-provided labor while upholding our company values.
· Assign & oversee the work of facility-provided labor
· Train new company personnel in all areas of the kitchen operations, inventory control, reporting and health & safety
· Responsible for compliance & administration of all security procedures identified by the company and jail administration
· Performs other duties as assigned or required
Skills and Abilities
· Excellent cooking skills
· Dependable and able to meet deadlines
· Adhere to Tiger Correctional safety policies and procedures, including proper food safety and sanitation.
· Ability to work well with others and have excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to read.
· Good computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets.
· Physical requirements include standing 3-4 hours at a time and frequent lifting of 15 to 30 pounds.
· Must have the ability to perform basic math of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.