The Huntersville/Cornelius/Pineville Regions Operations Division of ElectriCities operates and maintains the Town of Cornelius, the Town of Huntersville, and the Town of Pineville electric systems in an economical, efficient, safe, and reliable manner as contracted for in the Operating Agreement with each town under the Regions Project #1. This includes managing and administering the Operating Agreement and other contracts and agreements necessary for the operation and maintenance of the Towns' Electric Systems to meet the electric power requirements of the Towns and their respective customers, both present and future. The ElectriCities Operations Center located in the Town of Huntersville is where employees of the division operate, and local customers settle their electric accounts. Town of Pineville Line and Service employees of ElectriCities are located at the Town of Pineville Electric Department operations center.
The successful Warehouse/buyer candidate will:
- Directs, oversees, supervises, and participates in warehouse operations; orders, receives, processes, records, distributes, and accounts for supplies and materials; prepares and maintains detailed records and files including storeroom record keeping.
- Plans, organizes, supervises, and participates in the work of ordering, receiving, storing, and distributing a large and varied stock of equipment, supplies, or parts.
- Plans, supervises, participates, and evaluates the maintenance of inventory and control records including a perpetual inventory and periodic physical inventories; works with auditors in verifying results.
- Determines optimum inventory levels and adjusts levels as needed.
- Prepares requests for price and delivery quotations; evaluates responses; submits purchase orders based on quote results.
- Assists associates and contractors with the procurement of materials.
- Meets with vendors in person and via telephone to maintain records on available items, pricing, and delivery information, etc.
- Issues materials and delivers stock to crew.
- Maintains up-to-date manuals on inventory items; assigns inventory numbers by computer to new items.
- Prepares inventory order reports; follows up on outstanding orders with vendors.
- Receives shipments, unpacks, and stores items; labels and finds location for new items. Enforces storeroom rules and procedures and prevents unauthorized access to spaces.
- Opens and closes storeroom.
- Performs basic custodial, maintenance, and repair tasks; assists with maintenance of storeroom equipment and systems.
- Picks up parts and supplies at vendors; loads and unloads truck orders.
- Performs related tasks as required.
- The Warehouse Coordinator/Buyer is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, and hazards!
The Warehouse Coordinator/Buyer will be expected to perform heavy work requiring the exertion of 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. This position requires climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, and repetitive motions.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- An Associate Degree from an accredited community college with major coursework in business; or a combination of equivalent education and experience in the procurement of materials, equipment, and supplies and warehouse operations.
- A valid Forklift Operator certification. (Will provide certification training)
- A valid North Carolina driver's license.
- Thorough knowledge of business methods, markets, and purchasing practices.
- Thorough knowledge of the laws relating to public purchasing.
- Experience implementing modern warehouse and inventory practices.
- The ability to write clear and concise specifications.
- Thorough knowledge of various grades and qualities of a variety of materials, supplies, and equipment; general knowledge of standard office procedures, practices, and equipment.
- Prepare and maintain computer records.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, associates, and the general public.
- Express ideas clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
We offer challenging and rewarding careers in a family-friendly culture, a competitive compensation, benefits, and rewards package, as well as career development opportunities. ElectriCities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting ID: 600888053Posted: 2021-01-21