Jay Auto Group, located on the Bedford Automile, is growing its team! Employment with Jay Auto Group is about more than just a job. You will be encouraged and challenged to find a vision beyond a paycheck; what drives and motivates you so that you feel accomplished with your performance at the end of each day.
This full-time, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm or 9am-6pm position will assist the Office Manager and various departments and managers with the process of titling car deals and various other tasks. PRIOR AUTOMOTIVE EXPERIENCE PREFERRED.
• Health Benefits
• Vacation Pay
- Processes all new and used vehicles for registration in the state in which they will be titled.
- Prepares tax and title documents.
- Submits all legal transfer work to the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Verifies that funds have been collected and the correct lienholder paid off before processing title applications.
- Checks for accuracy in the application and ensures that all information is complete.
- Prepares payoff checks for new vehicles and trade-ins.
- Bills out all dealer trades, prepares Certificates of Origin and dealer trade paperwork.
- Maintains a system to verify out-of-state titles.
- Compiles and maintains a complete list of all outstanding title work. Reports to management on the status of any missing or problem titles and provides a current list of outstanding titles to the comptroller at the end of month.
- Signs over titles for all wholesalers who have paid in full. Prepares a monthly report to management of any funds not collected from wholesalers due to missing or incomplete title work.
- Processes/registers all vehicle warranties and extended service contracts, maintaining a log of all contracts processed and mailed.
- Processes yearly renewal of dealer tags in conjunction with comptroller.
- Stays abreast of title regulations. Attends seminars held by local licensing bureaus and any available training on title regulations.
- Cross-trains others to handle title clerk daily responsibilities.
- Conducts periodic training sessions for F&I managers and sales personnel regarding title regulations and procedures and issues a written memo to managers and all sales personnel whenever regulations change.
- Directs title runner in daily routines.
- Maintains a professional appearance and a neat work area.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Must be willing to submit to a background check
- PRIOR AUTOMOTIVE EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws
Posting ID: 571900567Posted: 2021-01-16