***This job is located in Howard County, MD***
W.H. Boyer, Inc. Landscape Services, a 60-year-old award winning Landscape Contractor is proud to announce the following career opportunity; Field Manager/ Superintendent- Landscape Construction
Ask us about our signing bonus!
The ideal candidate is detail oriented and proficient at motivating and inspiring others to stay on schedule. He/she will manage daily production of 3-5 crews insuring maximum production levels are obtained and quality standards are achieved for each project. The Superintendent will manage all equipment and labor necessary for each project, identifying and communicating any necessary additional work and or delays to the Production Manager and Project Managers. He/she will communicate with the Crew Foreman daily , as well as train and educate crew personnel on proper landscape and construction installation and safety practices.
- 2 year minimum as Landscape Project Manager or 5 years minimum as Commercial Installation Landscape Foreman.
- Effective communication skills Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Effective Leadership, organizational and motivational skills.
- Ability to think through a problem and arrive at a effective solutions.
- Proficient knowledge of landscape layout drawings and project specifications.
- Knowledge of snow removal operations.
- Knowledge of trade equipment i.e, hydro-seeder, backhoe, mini-excavator, and loaders.
- In depth knowledge of plant material, planting procedures, hardscapes construction and other types of site work.
- Class A license CLT and CPH preferred but not mandatory.
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required.
- Maximize daily installation production levels on 3-5 commercial projects.
- Long term vision in regard to project sequence and schedule.
- Coordinate materials and equipment deliveries to job site to insure maximum production from installation crews.
- Attend pre-construction meetings and project review meetings.
- Daily job site inspections to insure accuracy of installation, safety and quality control.
- Insure project deadlines and punch work are completed timely.
- Perform inspection walk-through's with Landscape Architects, Contractors, etc.
- Company Vehicle ( take home F250 ) - Insurance , all maintenance and fuel during work hrs is included.
- Health Care Plan Available
- Holiday pay
- Vacation and sick pay
Established in 1960 W.H. BOYER, Inc. Landscaping Services is proud to be one of the oldest most experienced Full Service Landscape Contractors in the Baltimore, Washington D.C., and Northern Virginia marketplace.
Our Philosophy of " Exceed the Expected " has resulted in both Landscape Sub-Contractor of the Year award as well as Excellence Award from the Associated Builders and Contractors ( ABC ) .
Posting ID: 598623649Posted: 2021-01-25