Kelly Services is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager
in Jay, OK!
Job Title: QA Manager
Location: Jay, OK 74346
Hours: Office 8:00 am – 5:00 pm M-F
DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY
Plans, implements, and coordinates QA / HACCP activities to assure compliance with quality standards and regulatory requirements. Schedules, directs and supervises QA staff. Interface with USDA and company management. CPG experience needed. Performs and/or coordinates special QA projects as directed. Plans, coordinates, and directs quality assurance to ensure quality production of products consistent with established standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor product quality directly and through subordinates to assure product quality is in compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements
- Monitor food safety through daily HACCP activities
- Monitor attendance, performance, and competence of all assigned subordinates while also provide training, disciplinary action, and promotion recommendations
- Direct technical and administrative workers engaged in quality assurance activities
Compliance & Maintenance
- Review all data obtained during all quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company policies and procedures
- Ensure accuracy of HACCP records and report data related to quality, maintaining complete, and orderly files of all data collected.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records
- Schedule audits and manage food safety systems to maintain an audit ready status
- Maintain SQF program in absence of SQF practitioner
- Manage the Company pest control systems
- Maintains a working knowledge of USDA and industry quality assurance codes and standards
- Comply with policies and regulations regarding safety, food safety, environmental sustainability, animal welfare, ingredients, and any related item
- Assist in the furtherance of an increased “quality consciousness” and “food safety awareness” among contacts through professionalism, integrity, diplomacy and an uncompromising commitment to quality in principle and practice.
- Formulate and maintain quality and food safety objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals.
- Apply statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes
- Evaluate and decide whether to accept a product or continue business with a vendor based on reviews by the quality assurance manager and/or purchasing manager
- Develop new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities and HACCP reassessments
- Design and implement quality assurance and food safety training programs to key personnel in conjunction with managers
- Investigate and improve based on customer complaints regarding quality and food safety
- Provide weekly and monthly summaries of product quality and food safety compliance to the appropriate operating managers and Senior Management
- Prepare and present technical and program information to the management team
- Effectively and competently interface with the USDA in the areas regulatory compliance
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with operations management personnel throughout the Company
- Coordinate through the Sales Department product development and finished specs to meet customer needs
- Keep management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and actions being taken to improve quality and food safety
- Perform other projects, initiatives, and tasks as directed by leadership
Manages one manager, two QA Supervisors, 11 QA techs and 3 Process Control Techs at the Fresno and Stockton Facilities. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of AS400 Database software; Kronos Timekeeping System: Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; plus four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- HACCP Certification, Driver's License (with clean DMV report)
You're looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we're here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.