REQ#: RQ63765 Travel Required: None Requisition Type: Regular We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important. GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Systems Engineer joining our team to support government activities in Herndon, VA. At GDIT people are our differentiator. As a Systems Engineer supporting the customer, you will be trusted to work with and lead other engineers to design, prototype, and implement robust, secure systems using cloud computing services. In this role, a typical day will include: * Work across different layers of the IT infrastructure (network, storage, database, applications, middleware and platform)
* Work with and lead other engineers across the organization to maintain legacy systems
* Deploy various open source packages and/or application stacks into the customer's production system
* Collaborate with a technical group on projects from establishing requirements through to the implementation of the technical solution REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS * Demonstrated on-the-job knowledge and experience with cloud services technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) to include design, implementation, and integration
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience with all of the following infrastructure principles: encryption (at rest and in transit), firewalls, and certificates
* Demonstrated hands-on experience and a thorough understanding of the system engineering lifecycle and software development
* Demonstrated on-the-job engineering experience and outstanding in-depth knowledge with the Linux operating system
* Demonstrated on-the-job knowledge and experience with all of the following infrastructure principles: fault tolerance, availability, scalability, continuous monitoring, and recovery
* Demonstrated on-the-job experience with scripting languages (e.g. Shell, Bash, Python) experience and/or ability to automate routine operations through scripts or tool sets
* Demonstrated in-depth engineering experience with troubleshooting and understanding of common web technologies (e.g. Apache, Tomcat, etc.)
* 15 years of related experience
* Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or a related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* Security clearance level: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU * Alignment to a mission-critical role that directly impacts the customer's ability to effectively execute its mission.
* Direct engagement with contractor leadership that centers upon career development/mobility, enhanced performance evaluation, and corporate information sharing & networking opportunities. Placement on a dynamic team of talented professionals that organically fosters an environment of innovation, collaboration, and trust. Develops advanced engineering ideas and guides their development into a final product. Develops masterful engineering skills to highly complex engineering problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. Utilizes masterful engineering skills to perform highly advanced systems design, development, and integration form the start of a systems life cycle to the end. Provides and applies masterful engineering to highly complex infrastructures including installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software, and system management tools. Provides and applies masterful engineering skills to highly complex systems modeling, simulation, and analysis. Performs continual maintenance and provides masterful engineering solutions for continual and highly complex security, backup and redundancy problems. Provides guidance for the preparation and maintenance of all documentation for processes and procedures related to engineering projects. Provides guidance to less-experienced Systems Engineers. Maintains current knowledge of rapidly changing technology, always on the lookout for new technologies, and works with management to evolve current processes. May coach and review the work of less-experienced professionals. May serve as a task or project leader. (Not a people manager) Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, model formulation, computer architecture analysis and design, and digital systems engineering. Invents innovative ways to drive production operational efficiency. Drives scalability and operability of supported systems/infrastructure. Implements, manages and enhances Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline tools. Creates, maintains, and reviews Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Desired State Configuration (DSC) and/or Puppet configuration management tools to support the provisioning infrastructure. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance. Recognized as a subject matter expert in a specific technology. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS (or equivalent experience), 15+ years of experience. #OpportunityOwned #GDITCareers #GDITLife, #WeAreGDIT #GDITInterns #EnterpriseITPortfolioJobs #EnterpriseITReferrals #externalreferral #GDITPriority