Sr. Principal Software Engineer with Java
Residency Status: ALL CANDIDATES MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN
Clearance: Must have an active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret with SCI eligibility. Must be able to obtain DHS program suitability prior to starting employment.
Time Type: Full-Time
Location: Dulles, VA
Relocation Fees: Yes
Novel Applications of Vital Information Inc. (Novel Applications) is a premier technology services company that provides solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Information Management, Systems Integration. Novel Applications is a business that combines experience, creativity, flexibility, pragmatism, and cost-effective solutions in order to deliver measurable business value to our clients.
Headquartered in Fredericksburg, Virginia, Novel Applications employs engineers, analysts, IT specialists, and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Novel Applications is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Novel Applications is seeking a Software Engineer to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
- Collaborating within Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor responsible for the design, test, and implementation of advanced cyber security-oriented capabilities.
- Create intuitive interfaces and interaction layers using industry best practices, latest web trends/technologies, and associated tools
- Developing and performing automated builds, testing, and deployments
- Developing high-quality technical documentation, as needed, including user guides, test plans, and contract deliverable items
- 10+ years of directly relevant experience
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with Java development and related technologies
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with cloud-based BIG data systems, including Kibana/ElasticSearch
- 4+ years of experience with Agile software development
- Solid understanding and experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Ability to create well-modularized, maintainable software, and willing to follow group coding standards and design.
- Possesses or quickly develops a comprehensive understanding of Government Information Security policies, regulations, and guidelines.
- Must be able to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) knowledge and experience
- Technical understanding of cybersecurity attack techniques and associated mitigation techniques
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one or more of the following database technologies: SQL, Oracle, MySQL, JBDC, NoSQL
- Experience and/or familiarity with DevOps, Continuous Development / Continuous Integration concepts, and automated test tools such as Docker, Jenkins, Rational Team Concert, JIRA, Git, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Junit, JMeter, RSpec, and/or Cucumber
- DHS experience - Experience working on projects that implement analytic models into production systems.
Training/certification in any of the following strongly desired:
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
- Certifications related to Agile development and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) such as Scrum Master, Product Owner, SAFe Agilist (SA), SAFe Practitioner (SP) or SAFe Program Consultant (SPC)
Required Education (including Major):
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR Computer Systems Engineering.
- Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree-level education.
Posting ID: 583187479Posted: 2021-01-15