Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Perform performance trend analysis and manage the server/network capacity. Propose client configuration and implement technical solutions to enhance and/or troubleshoot the system. Work with others to define, coordinate vendor purchase needs. Responsible for support documentation as well.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.Qualifications :Senior Datacenter Technician Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (Ashburn, VA)Rotating 12 hour shift schedule to cover 24/7 data center operations. At Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), we build the future of the cloud for Enterprises as a diverse team of fellow creators and inventors. We act with the speed and attitude of a start-up, with the scale and customer-focus of the leading enterprise software company in the world.Values are OCI's foundation and how we deliver excellence. We strive for equity, inclusion, and respect for all. We are committed to the greater good in our products and our actions. We are constantly learning and taking opportunities to grow our careers and ourselves. We challenge each other to stretch beyond our past to build our future.You are the builder here. You will be part of a team of really smart, motivated, and diverse people and given the autonomy and support to do your best work. It is a dynamic and flexible workplace where you'll belong and be encouraged.
An Oracle Datacenter Technician will perform key roles to delivering core infrastructure & foundational technologies within the OCI data center environments. As a skilled technician on a wide range of data center systems, you understand which issues to escalate to the appropriate internal OCI groups. You perform repairs, installation and monitoring for your data center spaces. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support and you keep learning to drive performance improvement of the hardware. You know how to take action when appropriate and escalate when required. You are able to take direction when it is given, paying attention to all details involved. Expected to improve current processes and introduce automation with aim towards simplification. Daily Job Duties:
- Hardware installation & decommission of enterprise servers and cabling infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting and repair of data center hardware and networking infrastructure.
- Rack and stack of data center equipment, including but not limited to servers, networking devices, monitoring systems and other equipment.
- Rack installation including putting racks in place, cabling, power up and handoff of servers to internal provisioning teams.
- Monitoring of DC environments using monitoring tools
- Monitoring and respond in a ticketing environment that is used and monitored by multiple internal Oracle Cloud service owners and teams.
- Documentation of activities and create/modify SOPs
- Decommission life cycle of data center hardware
- Inventory process, order replacement parts and return failed parts as required.
- Structured cabling, labelling and troubleshooting of fiber/copper/telecom cables.
- System power supplies and cabling install, troubleshooting and repair
- You should able to execute small projects on your own and work with your manager in planning and executing larger local projects.
- Show professionalism on your daily data center routine activities for a shift in a 24/7/365 working environment
- Be able to work on a shift schedule that rotates (4 days one week, 3 days following week, 12 hour shifts). Includes weekends and holidays.
- Be punctual in arriving for shifts on time and provide proper handover reports after shift to the next team member(s).
- Receive/ship data center equipment as needed.
- Install, Remove, Troubleshoot hardware in data centers racks without disturbing other hardware and critical infrastructure on site.
- Maintain asset inventory and update internal application as needed.
- Be accessible via cell phone and willing to work on onsite emergency as needed.
- Participate and complete training that aligns with corporate objectives to bridge skill gaps and learn new relevant technologies.
- Act with in Service Level Agreements (SLA) on the tickets assigned to you in your space.
- Knowledge of server/storage/network hardware.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Be a good team player.
- Strong interest in learning new DC concepts.
- Dependable and trustworthy.
- Process oriented.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 4+ years working in an IT environment.
- Troubleshooting Experience on servers, networking devices and IT equipment.
- Inventory management experience. Ordering, receiving and shipping server parts.
- Ability to prioritize work based on business needs and urgency.
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in both verbal and written communication mediums.
- Experience taking on-call shifts and ability to respond to critical events as needed.
- Experience escalating issues to Sr. onsite staff and management as needed.
- IT Hardware Concepts knowledge:
- X86 Architecture
- Boot Process
- File Systems
- Network Device configuration
- Directory Structure
- 2-year or 4-year degree or relevant work experience
- 4+ Years of Data Center Experience
- Linux administration knowledge/Ability to run Linux commands
- Data center networking knowledge.
- Experience in Data Center Infrastructure projects.
- 2year+ experience in Structured Cabling Copper/Fiber and testing of cables.
- 2 year+ experience in Cooling and Electrical systems concepts inside the data center.
- Experience in repairing and working on Sun servers is nice to have but not required.
Posting ID: 608228537Posted: 2021-02-23