Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and aworldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locationsand12,000 direct suppliersglobally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
Reporting to the Head of ACJ220 Program, the Supplier Management Director is responsible for the on-time and on-budget delivery of all deliverables, agreed milestones and all baseline scheduled items for the Parker Fuel-Fuel Inerting System (Primarily) and subsequently extending to Collins Aerospace for the Avionics and Electrical Systems.
- Ensure that the assigned supplier ACJ220 system development is executed to agreed plans, assigned budget and of the expected quality.
- Suppler Project plans and documentation are developed and effectively controlled, ensuring that established governance processes are appropriate, effective and of appropriate quality.
- All project phases and activities are executed in accordance with agreed plans with the critical path closely monitored and analyzed.
- Risks & issues are continually identified and where required, efficiently escalated, and mitigated where required.
- Ensuring that the Program directives are communicated and actioned by the supplier in line with the ACJ220 Program needs.
- Regular status reports to Head of A220 Corporate Jet and ACT Program Manager.
- Providing specialist program/supplier management support to the ACJ220 Program outside assigned suppliers as required.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in an appropriate aerospace/program management related discipline.
- Minimum 15-20 years of experience in the Aerospace industry in a design development and certification environment with demonstrable project management experience with aerospace OEMs.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- You have extensive leadership experience in one or more aircraft development programs.
- You have managed one or more projects requiring complex integration and coordination with multiple departments and suppliers and possess the ability to motivate indirect teams towards achieving program objectives.
- You have a good understanding of modern aircraft systems along with a sound technical understanding of their design and operation.
- You have strong negotiation skills and industry credibility that can be utilized contractual and program discussions with Suppliers.
- You have strong financial management skills, with the ability to accurately define budgets and implement the appropriate controls and processes to ensure that the budget is respected at all times.
- You possess the experience and ability to define and manage allocated budgets and are more than capable of making sound decisions whilst balancing program objectives. Prior senior team leadership experience is an asset.
- You possess extensive experience with Change Management within an aerospace development context, with the ability to utilize the appropriate processes, tools whilst communicating effectively with all stakeholders.
- You have strong program management and communication skills with a proven ability to prioritize and align team members towards meeting priorities.
- You are able to effectively leverage your knowledge of processes and your network to meet commitments
- You are resourceful and able to find creative ways to achieve desired outcome, adapting to rapidly changing situations and emerging obstacles
- You must also be a person with initiative, strong sense of responsibility, and good business acumen.
- You have good interpersonal skills, able to develop productive relationships with internal stakeholders and influence external stakeholders when necessary.
- You possess strong leadership skills in line with the Airbus leadership model
- You possess an open mind and a great ability to work as a team player
- In addition, you must possess strong organizational skills, time management and an ability to operate autonomously in a remote environment.
- You have extensive experience of developing detailed plans and schedules along with effective metrics/KPIs and reporting tools (PMP or PRINCE2 accreditation is desired).
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- You must possess excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- You possess the ability to work in both multi-cultural and multi-organizational environments in matrix organizational constructs and with multi-sites at Airbus and Supplier
- You have high levels of flexibility and adaptability - extensive travel within the United States can be expected, as can the short-notice changing of assignment.
- You must possess the ability to effectively collate and analyze situational data resulting in the production of effective summaries, impact assessments and recovery options (where required).
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Familiarity with civil aircraft Part 25 regulations and associated guidance material, specifications, and aerospace recommended practices.
- Ability to effectively lead discussions with suppliers and internal Airbus stakeholders (MFT leaders and senior management).
- Familiarity with aerospace system integration with the ability to effectively lead discussions with suppliers.
- Familiarity with Requirements Validation and Verification experience including knowledge of ARP4754, DO 178B and DO254, DO 160 with regards to aerospace product qualification.
- You can expect to spend at least 50% of your time operating remotely at supplier facilities.
Decision Making, Complexity:
Poor performance suppliers management with complex work-package with new concept to develop at Airbus
It is anticipated that the role will require extensive monitoring of project performance and progression, resulting in effective communication media that fully details risks, issues and opportunities. You will be expected to be fully across the program status at all times and be expected to:
- Develop impact assessments with recovery options and recommendations.
- Make advised decisions with regard to the assigned levels of severity and consequence risks and issues in accordance with the ACJ220 Program. You will be expected to defend and justify such assessments and recommendations.
- Assess all supplier-initiated project deviations from a cost, schedule and quality perspective and prepare summaries in readiness for formal Program reviews.
- Authorize program activity deviations where it is assessed (and documented) that there are no impacts upon the Program cost, schedule or quality.
As a leader in our field, Airbus in America provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro