Mechanical Engineer (Full-Time or Co-Op)
Robotic Research, LLC is a small engineering firm located in Gaithersburg specializing in robotics, intelligent control, sensor processing, and computer programming; including design, development, and testing of state-of-the-art
autonomous mobility software on various platforms. This individual will be working on cutting-edge technology as it applies to mechanical and electro-mechanical engineering design for robotic vehicles.
This will include:
- Heavy emphasis on actuation and hydraulics of robotic vehicle Design, of electro-mechanical
automated robotic instrumentation. Optimize mounting electronic components (power supplies, sensors, etc) for efficient cable routing. Design sheet metal and machined parts to support
electronic modules and assemblies.
- Ability to design thermal systems involving convective and conductive modes of heat transfer across several
- Detailed design of subsystems and components of instrumentation
- Follows established development processes
- Detailed design of subsystems and components of instrumentation, using a 3D CAD (Computer Aided Design)
- Applies fabrication process knowledge to of the subsystem and components.
- Work with Program Manager and Executives to establish and manage schedules, costs and budgets
- Completes design efforts within established schedules. Provides for individual design tasks.
- Participates in and assesses the ability of proposed designs to meet specified requirements, including
- Interacts closely with software, systems, and electrical engineering functions to develop comprehensive
solutions to design problems
- Develop Systems level design for automation
- Aids in writing proposals and white papers
- Travel to test final vehicle product
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or higher.
- Minimum 5 years related engineering experience
- Design experience in some or all of the following: castings, sheet metal, machined and injection molded
- Experience with designing high duty cycle automated equipment including robotics, machine vision,
pneumatic actuators and control systems
- Experience with CAD solid modeling
· Candidate should be a flexible team player with good oral presentation skills and ability to work effectively in a very fast-paced
environment. Candidate should be flexible with workday activities, with ability to drop/hand-off project and begin another upon request. Military
background a plus!
US citizenship required. Ability to pass a government security clearance investigation and background check a must.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Posting ID: 581917592Posted: 2021-01-16