The Payroll and Accounting Associate is responsible for overseeing payroll for 250+ employees. This individual is also responsible for providing customer support to internal and external constituents on questions related to the business office and to assist in completing day to day accounting tasks timely, accurately and within established accounting procedures. This hands-on position reports directly to the Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process semi-monthly payroll accurately and timely.
- Prepare payroll control reports for review by the Controller prior to payroll submittal.
- Prepare payroll journal entry and reconcile all payroll general ledger accounts.
- Review 403b file submitted to TIAA for retirement contributions.
- Reconcile HSA file submitted to Optum and follow up on outstanding items.
- Reconcile Flex Bank Account for Controller review.
- Prepare payroll labor allocation analysis and variance to budget quarterly.
- Manage the configuration of Paycom for leave, department setup, earnings and deductions and verify correct coding in employee records.
- Serve as liaison with outside financial and benefits auditors regarding all payroll related transactions.
- Prepare all fiscal and calendar year end accruals and tax forms.
- Work closely with Human Resources to onboard and off board employees and process payroll changes.
- Assist employees with questions related to their pay as well as the use of the payroll software.
- Review invoices submitted in accounts payable software checking them for accuracy, proper approvals and budget coding.
- Respond to inquiries from staff regarding their budgets.
- Maintain the recurring invoice log and follow up on missing bills.
- Maintain W9s for vendors and produce 1099s annually.
- Serve as backup for depositing miscellaneous cash.
- Reconcile the School commercial credit card liability account and follow up on un-submitted charges with cardholders.
- Assist Controller with conversion of accounts payable software.
- Other projects as assigned.
- College degree with a major in accounting and two years of experience processing payroll preferably using Paycom software and preferably in a school;
- Excellent problem solving/judgement skills and a high level of attention to detail;
- Understanding of federal, state and local payroll compliance requirement;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and a high-level of interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to solve problems creatively;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required;
- Proficiency with accounting software a plus.
Please send resume and cover letter to HR@cesjds.org.
Known internationally for excellence in academics and as a leader in contemporary Jewish education, Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School develops confident and compassionate students in a welcoming, inclusive community.
The community of approximately 1,000 students and 250 faculty members at CESJDS represent the full spectrum of Jewish backgrounds, beliefs and practices and hail from over 20 different countries. The CESJDS faculty are gifted thought leaders who advocate inquiry, creativity, and collaboration, so that in the classroom, students can respectfully challenge each other to think deeply and critically.
The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy) or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Posting ID: 583395886Posted: 2021-01-22