The Jewish Community Center of Greater Kansas City operates several youth programs. The After-School program includes After-Kindergarten Care, After-School Care, and Vacation Day programs. Summer camp programs provide traditional and specialty camp programs for youth entering 1st through 8th grade. Staff members implement program plans and Jewish curriculum.
The Supervisor, Camp and School-Age Services must be a proven and skilled leader, possess outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; have strong youth programming experience; and experience and skill with working with children and staff.
This is a full time, year-round position with benefits.
- Develop and implement age-appropriate curriculum that includes education, STEM, recreation and art activities while following program quality best practices.
- Implement Judaic curriculum and events surrounding Jewish holidays into the program.
- Provide a key leadership role in After-School, Vacation Days and Camp programs.
- Work directly with youth and staff, leading activities, managing behaviors and using positive teaching techniques.
- Assist with management of the enrollment process and health records.
- Complete administrative tasks for Camp, After-School and Vacation Days. Help with processing of payments and purchasing supplies.
- Knowledge and experience in the field of school-age youth development, recreation, and youth programming.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Recreation, Child Development or related degree preferred.
- Ability to form relationships with children, parents and staff based on mutual respect and caring.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to juggle many tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to learn and use technology.
- Positive and solution-oriented to create a positive work environment with co-workers as part of a team.
- Certification in First Aid/CPR or ability to get certified within 30 days of hire.
About The J
The J is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The J is Shabbat-Observant Friendly.
The mission of The J is to build a strong, vibrant and inclusive community that enhances wellness, meaning and joy based on Jewish values, heritage and culture. The J operates on these values:
- Welcoming + Inclusive - We are welcoming, inclusive and nurturing. We invite all to join us in making connections and lifelong friendships.
- Building Community - We believe in the strength of community and we seek to cultivate a sense of belonging in all we do.
- Enriching Mind + Body + Soul - We help individuals live a physically, intellectually, and emotionally healthy lifestyle.
- Passing on Jewish Culture + History - We celebrate and pass on the values, culture, history, and traditions of the Jewish people.
- Treat Others As You Wish To Be Treated - We treat everyone with respect, dignity and loving kindness.
Posting ID: 598908550Posted: 2021-01-13