The Truck Mechanic is responsible for performing the required maintenance and repairs on the construction fleet, which includes ready-mix trucks, ready-mix pumps, tractors, trailers, skidsteers, and front-end loaders. Most work will be completed in a shop setting. Some service work may take place in the field. Previous experience with ready-mix trucks is preferred.
- Adhere to the Company's safety and health policy
- Operate the Mechanic's Truck in a safe and productive manner
- Trouble shoot electrical problems
- Ability to overhaul breaks and suspension
- Perform DOT inspections
- Troubleshoot air system problems on tractors and trailers
- Identify improper alignment on trucks
- Matching up tires on trucks and trailers
- Basic repairs and maintenance on equipment fleet
- Ensure that each piece of equipment is properly serviced and ready to be placed back at production at the start of the next shift
- Follow directions from immediate supervisor
- Work together as a team to complete the task
- Must own tools to perform the required tasks
- Valid US Issued Class A or B Driver's License with clean driving record
- Current Medical Card
- 10 years' experience preferred but not required
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have the ability to schedule and coordinate work efficiently
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Knowledge of the operation of trucks and trailers
- Demonstrated commitment to safety as expressed in JMAC Energy Services corporate value People First, Safety Always
- Ability to pass background and drug and alcohol tests
- Availability to work long hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- Ability to work safely in all types of weather
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all JMAC Energy Services employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively, in English, to customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work independently and in a group
- The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move more than 75 pounds
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Posting ID: 593712725Posted: 2021-01-26