To safely and efficiently operate all machinery and equipment associated with the Salt Lake City production lines. To ensure the quality of all finished goods produced on assigned production lines. To accurately complete and/or enter electronically all required safety, quality and manufacturing control documents and information.
II. Organization Relationships
This position reports to the Team Leader, peers include all employees associated with manufacturing and support operations.
III. Position Responsibilities & Duties
Operators will be open to rotating between all production lines and may be called upon to perform duties outside of the B Operator responsibilities that proactively support company needs. The following list of responsibilities and duties is not all-inclusive and is intended to provide the general responsibilities, duties and expectations of the job. Based on the variability of the manufacturing processes and needs the responsibilities and duties will vary.
A. Workplace Safety
-Adheres to all Safety policies and procedures
-Maintains a hazard free work area
- Uses Personal Protective Equipment as required and/or appropriate
- Attends all Safety training and other Safety activities
- Notifies teammates when they compromise Safe Operating Procedures
- Reports near misses, accidents or suspected injuries in a timely manner
- Completes Safety Work Orders when appropriate
- Participates in Safety initiatives, committees and teams
- Reports unsafe conditions and behaviors
- Never takes shortcuts or uses the improper tools/equipment that could compromise the Safety of themselves or others
B. Food Safety & Quality
- Adheres to all Food Safety/Quality SOP’s
- Accurately completes required Food Safety & Quality records
- Communicates any known or suspected Food Safety/ Quality issues to the Q.A. lab and appropriate Process Manager
- Attends all Food Safety/Quality training sessions
C. Packaging Machinery and Equipment Operations
-Knows, understands and operates multiple pieces of the following machinery and equipment within the established Safety, Quality and Production guidelines and/or SOP’s:
5. Pre-Scale Equipment
6. Shrink Wrappers
- Assists with machinery and equipment PM’s, adjustments and changeovers.
- May perform simple or routine set-ups.
- Refers all complex mechanical issues to the lead operator and maintenance.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area
- Maintains clean and sanitary machinery & equipment
- Communicates any sanitation issues to the Production Manager
- Maintains an inspection ready status at all times
E. Record Keeping/Production Scheduling-
- Accurately completes all required Production Records
- Knows, understands and accurately enters all information into the data base as required.
- Knows, understands and accurately utilizes the production schedule
- Communicates with the scheduling department any issues that may arise
Internal contacts include all manufacturing, distribution and support department employees.
V. Working Conditions
This position requires 100% of time to be spent in the production area. Must be able to lift 50lbs. on a routine basis. Standing for long periods of time is required. Repetitive motion may be required in some areas of the operation. PPE is required depending on job task being performed, hearing protection is required in designated areas.
VI. Essential Skills
- Related Experience: Previous machinery and equipment operation is a plus.
- Licenses/Certifications: Successful completion of skills testing and mechanical aptitude test.
- Expertise Level: Excellent communication skills, computer skills, math skills, attention to detail, analyzing, planning and troubleshooting are essential to this position.