We are looking for a creative Retail Sales Associate at our Viking Sewing Gallery department located inside Jo-Ann Fabric & Crafts store. The ideal candidates would be self-motivated, goal-oriented, and ready to sell a full line of high quality HUSQVARNA VIKING and SINGER sewing machines, accessories, notions, embroidery software and more. Retail and/or sewing experience is preferred but not required.
Did we mention that employees get a nice discount and get to work with some great people?
Under the direction of the Retail Sales Manager, performs sales activities of Husqvarna Viking, Singer, and Pfaff products and other numerous and diversified tasks in order to contribute to a profitable retail store thereby providing customer satisfaction.
HERE ARE SOME ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
Sales and Customer Service
* Provide high quality sales and customer and employee relations by answering questions concerning product feature and benefits, product location, price, and use of merchandise
* Provide strong customer demonstrations utilizing strong sales closing techniques
* Obtain merchandise requested by customer or receive merchandise selected by customer and suggest trade-ups if appropriate by demoing applicable product
* Maintain store margin at acceptable level through creative selling
* Assist with the set up of advertising displays or arrangements of merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales in an attractive and functional manner to obtain maximum exhibition and demonstration advantages
* Stamps, marks, or tags price on merchandise
* Updates store manager with customer feedback on sales, products, displays, and advertisements
* Total price and tax with point of sale system on merchandise purchased by customer to determine accurate bill
* Assist with the record of sales, prepare and conduct frequent inventory of stock, maintain satisfactory recovery rate of trade-ins and repairs, and order merchandise (notions and parts) as appropriate
* Assists the store manager in controlling assets and expenses
* Contributes to a positive team environment
* Teaches various classes with intent to sell
* Under the store manager's direction, responsible for facilitating Owner's Classes, clubs, demos, and Creative Classes as requested
* Participates in training of company products in order to ensure a good working knowledge in order to demonstrate sewing machines, sergers, presses, etc., and satisfy customer questions and requests
* 1+ years retail experience with a demonstrated success in closing sales
* Demonstrated ability to live the corporate values
* Demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills
* Must be detail oriented, organized, and able to adhere to operational processes
* Sewing experience a strong plus
* Computer proficiency a plus
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a continuous basis