District Managers are collaborative, results driven leaders who set the direction for a market retail operation while driving alignment with the strategic goals of the Region. They have oversight for store managers and must create a culture of high performance and high engagement while identifying and developing the next generation of leaders. A critical accountability of the role is driving execution: they are responsible for operationalizing strategy in the market and ensuring the delivery of Safelite's world class customer experience. Therefore, they must spend time listening to associates at all levels in their region to understand challenges and opportunities and must work through Store Managers to remove obstacles to productivity and implement best practices. They take a strategic approach to their work as they must understand what levers to pull to drive profit in their market. To maintain a strong customer focus and drive sales, they must build strong working relationships with the top insurance agents in their market, have a good understanding of local competition, and stay abreast of changing insurance industry trends.
Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need to be happy at work and at home.
Leadership and Direction
- Contextualize and communicate the strategy for achieving the region's mission vision, and values within the district.
- Responsible for full cycle of talent fundamentals including selection, onboarding, training, development, performance management, culture and engagement of their team.
- Inspire a workforce to commit to the strategy and do extraordinary things to achieve the business goals.
- Lead through engagement and motivation, understanding the needs of a primarily mobile workforce and creating a culture where everyone is inspired to do their best.
- Create a rewarding and positive work environment that encourages retention of associates. Identify and address any barriers to retention, including managing associate work-related concerns.
Succession and Capability Building
- Identify the capabilities needed to meet the current and emerging business needs of the market.
- Evaluate current capabilities, identify gaps, and prioritize development activities for both technicians and store managers.
- Develop leadership skills and succession plans for both store managers and technicians.
- Identifying and developing talent with the ability to grow into more complex and challenging roles.
- Ensure that hiring practices for critical deliver talent with a long runway, creating a deep bench.
- Looks to the external market to understand trends and hire externally where necessary.
- Direct the development of annual and long-term business plans for a district, ensuring alignment with the regional direction, quantify business outcomes (i.e., revenue, NPS, job completion rate, time to serve, wiper sales, quality, profitability, COE, and associate retention and engagement).
- Work with Regional Vice-President and Field Finance team to influence the development of annual workforce plans.
Strategy Formation and Implementation
- Oversees the strategic direction of a district and works to implement the strategy in all stores within that market.
- Work in partnership with Store Managers and Supply Chain leaders to localize the strategy as necessary.
- Oversee the P&L for a market, ensuring that revenue and profit goals are met and understanding what financial levers to pull to move the market toward its goals, managing expenses, maximizing profits and minimizing loss.
- Conduct a financial review with Store Managers each month and ensure each store meets its financial goals.
Customer Experience & Quality
- Works with Store Managers to create a culture that drives a great, memorable, and easy customer experience in all stores.
- Ensure that Store Managers create a best in class experience for customers.
Operational Best Practices
- Work closely with the Field Optimization team to influence and standardize best practices, sharing ideas from team, implements the playbook in their region, driving adoption of best practices in the Field.
- Addresses challenges and removes obstacles to best practices.
ATTRIBUTES / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration; OR
- 7-10 years leadership and supervision experience, preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Physical requirements are inclusive, but not limited to, the following:
- Ability to work at a physical retail location within the region.
- Ability to satisfy all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements as outlined in the Field Supplemental Handbook, while in the warehouse, visiting stores, etc.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances. For example, creates a feeling of energy and an emphasis on excellence in the team, using productive behaviors. Builds a strong sense of urgency to exceed goals and beat deadlines. Ensures that the team pushes through obstacles and establishes a superior track record.
- Develops Talent - Develops people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals. For example, emphasizes the importance of learning, urges people to build new skills, and provides opportunities for them to develop their careers. Provides useful real-time coaching, development activities, and stretch assignments.
- Ensures Accountability - Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. For example, helps team hold each other accountable for goals, adherence to policies and procedures. Tracks team metrics and milestones, redirecting effort, as necessary, for continued progress.
- Change Management - Communicates change and the reasons for change effectively. Prepares appropriate change plans for the workforce and anticipates and mitigates confusion, resistance, and conflict.
- Resource and Workforce Planning - Work with field leadership to recruit people needed for competitive advantage while balancing the organization's resources to meet short-term and long-term strategic goals and ensure the organization has operational bandwidth to meet goals including adequate fleet and capacity.
- Customer Service Delivery - Understands the full customer experience and holds others accountable for meetings high customer service standards. Oversees critical metrics and works with Store Managers to create mitigation plans when customer service is not being delivered to an acceptable standard.
We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But we're much more -- we're a growing and evolving service brand. And what really makes us unique is our people. Because at our core, we're a People Powered organization -- and our people come first and our culture matters. We'll help you find a fulfilling career path and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.
Posting ID: 597164049Posted: 2021-01-27