Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
GDIT is seeking an operations-focused Technical Systems SME who specializes in RedHat Linux and VMware to assist the Senior Operations Supervisor in managing 24x7 enterprise operations and supporton our milCloud 2.0 contract in Chantilly, VA. This position requires occasional travel to client and company sites to assist with infrastructure projects, attend team meetings, and perform staff training.
(1)This position is contingent upon funding.
(2) This position will require 1-2 weeks of training in Chantilly, VA and travel to client sites during first 1-2 months of employment.
The Technical Systems SME will assist in the management of the overall workload and execution of O&M tasks to support the client and participating Mission Partners. The O&M department includes Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3; whom are dispersed across various GDIT offices and client sites. This position includes supervision over a dynamic team of Help Desk Technicians; senior to mid-level network, hardware and system administrators.
milCloud 2.0 is a Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) led program that connects commercial cloud service offerings to Department of Defense (DoD) networks in a private deployment model. This provides DoD mission partners the latest scalable cloud technology and operates at Impact Level 5 and 6 of the Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide. milCloud 2.0 works to improve availability and performance of datacenter services and reduces the DoD's total cost of ownership for delivering infrastructure services.
Essential Job Functions:
• Support the Senior Operations Manager to manage and oversee the daily operations of the program.
• Assist in oversight and management of Tier 1 Help Desk team.
• Provide the Senior Operations Manager with technical counsel on various elements of the milCloud2.0 infrastructure, on-going projects, and daily O&M activities.
• Attend occasional meetings with Government or Prime customer to discuss technical challenges and solutions for mission partner issues.
• Assist in quality control implementation
• Produce and track performance metrics for staff
• Assist with the collection of regular status and metrics, and prepare status reports
• Assist in managing service delivery to achieve defined SLAs
• Assist with the implementation of short and long-term work plans to ensure work performance
• Assist the Sr. Operations Manager with enforcing work standards
• Lead and contribute to escalated problem resolution, when necessary
• Participate in the development of a Contingency/Business Continuity Plan to support back-up plans for business operations in the event of a disaster/emergency
• Assist in the supervision of contract personnel, communicates policies, and organizational goals
• Coordinate with Senior System and Network Administrators, Engineering Team Leads, and support staff to execute weekly patching and maintenance activities.
• Provide technical feedback and suggestions on large scale infrastructure and O&M efforts.
• Assist Operations Manager with identification and distribution of O&M taskers to the Operations Team.
• Provide feedback for the configuration of monitoring and alerting systems and protocols.
• Assist Operations Manager with development and improvement of operational standard operating procedures.
• Work with the Knowledge Management team lead, System and Network Administrators and the Tier 1 staff to identify appropriate work flows and escalation protocols within our ticketing system
• Communicate and provide guidance to Senior System / Network Administrators, to assist in the resolution of client / mission partner issues.
• Active DoD Top Secret security clearance
• 8570 IAT Level II Certification
• Bachelor's in Science degree in Computer Engineering, computer information systems, telecommunications, or management information systems
• 10 years of work related experience
• 5+ years of experience managing software / hardware administration and operations teams
• Experience leading, managing, and overseeing 24x7 enterprise operations and support teams.
• Experience developing documentation for engineering and operational support.
• Demonstrated experience managing dispersed teams with responsibility for service operations comprising at a minimum network operations, system administration, and storage administration
• Experience in developing, coordinating and implementing IT policies, processes and procedures.
• Experience managing, developing, monitoring and reporting on client Service Level Agreements.
• Experience with RedHat Linux systems, to include the patching and maintenance of RHEL.
• Experience with VMware.
• Presentation skills to present details to senior technology management team.
• Skilled in using analysis, logic and reasoning to troubleshoot issues and find the best solutions to challenges.
• Able to manage high-pressure escalations from both client and GDIT management team as necessary.
• Able to clearly articulate the technical issues and other relevant details to both GDIT and client during Integrated Program Team (IPT) meetings.
• Strong interpersonal and presentation (verbal/written) skills; Comfortable in presenting to executive audiences
• Highly analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Proficient in documentation tools such as MS-Office, Excel, Power Point, etc.
• Strong project & personnel management skills
• Willing to travel as indicated above for training and/or occasional events
• Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation certification
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
• Experience with ServiceNow (SNOW) ticketing platform.
• Experience with Windows System Administration
• Experience implementing container technologies (e.g. OpenShift, Kubernetes).
• Experience with Accelerite Cloudstack platform.
• Experience with Nagios, Splunk, etc. monitoring and reporting tools.
• Experience with Rovius.
• Experience with Puppet.
• Experience migrating systems to AWS, Azure cloud services.
• Experience hardening systems for operation in untrusted environment.
• Thorough understanding of PKI for authentication and integration with enterprise SSO solutions.
• Familiarity with FedRamp accreditation processes.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA VA Chantilly
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.