What you will do
Reporting within the Johnson Controls security business, directly to a Security Sales Manager, this role's main focus is to secure Planned Service Agreements with new and existing customers. This role serves as the subject matter expert for video services and digital services, including proactive health, and more.
The job responsibility for this position is two-fold. One, to reactivate, add-on, make minor modifications to out-of-service locations. Resales represent a critical need for JCI. Not only do Resales help us recapture valuable recurring revenue, but they also bring us new JCI customers that are a great source for selling additional services. Two, to sell our complete services portfolio to new and existing customers.
Our goal is to drive impactful activities, results, and improve attach rates.
Primary responsibility will be to work daily with district sales leaders (CSMs) in managing the stated metrics (both leading and lagging indicators), utilizing all available dashboards and tools.How you will do it
What we look for Required
- There are many ways to efficiently influence a territory and aggressively manage the out-of-service locations. Each territory has numerous JCI resale/service opportunities. Finding opportunities:
- Opportunity data, from sources such as Salesforce, ADMIN, 55 Day list, PowerBI RIF List
- Field and phone blitzes
- Networking with Centers of Influence, like property managers
- Face-to-face marketing in a given area
- Follow the SPIN Selling Sales Call Process, assuring the customer understands our value proposition
- Sell services and upsell products within the assigned territory to existing customers, new customers, as well as customers who have a previously discontinued JCI system, while maintaining assigned sales and service quota and following established guidelines
- Target and grow existing customers with low service penetration e.g.
- With one service
- With no service attached
- Market and introduce JCI digital services to existing customers and new prospects
- Target non JCI customers to add services or take over existing service contracts
- Identify prospects by using creative lead-generating techniques, including data mining; leveraging the PowerBI RIF Database
- Add-on, amend, convert existing customer systems to meet the customers' expectations
- Utilize approved marketing materials to present sales presentation and proposal to prospects, identifying the benefits and advantages of our products and services over those of the competition
- Adhere to current JCI policies, procedures, products, programs and services
- Follow up with prospects
- Prepare final contract for signature
- Process work order and complete all paperwork in accordance with approved and standardized procedures
- Post-installation follow-up by contacting customers, ensuring commitments were met
- Maintain customer retention
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to present to senior level executives within the customer and Johnson Controls Security organizations
- Ability to work a full-time schedule
- Available for local travel
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a successful commercial sales representative in the security, IT or other technology sales industry, demonstrated by the consistent ability to meet and exceed quota.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.
Posting ID: 589626208Posted: 2021-01-14