Martial Arts Instructor
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening
community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. In accordance with the Christian
principles of the YMCA, the employee will provide quality instruction to the participants of the selected program
in a safe, enjoyable and positive environment.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of
strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all.
We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your
individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are
nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else,
we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
GENERAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Must understand the difference between discipline and punishment.
2. Must obtain certifications and trainings in a timely manner.
3. Attend and lead all classes.
4. Prepare and distribute report cards after each session.
5. Adjust and properly handle equipment.
6. Must be able to instruct the principles of sport.
7. Maintain safe environment for participants.
8. Manage children in accordance with YMCA values.
9. Complete administrative work accurately and timely.
10. Must have clear verbal communication skills.
11. Attend all classes and meetings.
12. Equipment maintenance.
13. Performs all other duties as assigned.
The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse Workforce
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
-Minimum 1 year experience teaching Martial Arts
-1st Dan Black Belt
-Have a good working knowledge of karate techniques as well as fundamental training methods, both traditional and modern.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with adults and children in order to teach karate to students of all ages.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
-Physical Mobility: walking, climbing, stairs, standing, kneeling, bending, leaning, stooping and sitting for
extended periods of time.
-Physical Dexterity: ability to use telephone, computer, electronic equipment, exercise equipment, office
equipment (fax, copier, stapler, etc.), tools and machinery as needed.
-Lifting: ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
-Sensory Requirements: ability to hear, listen, speak, smell, touch, taste, see and distinguish colors.
-Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
-Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an
Posting ID: 599853785Posted: 2021-01-15