Johnstone Supply is a leading wholesale distributor for heating, cooling, and refrigeration supplies and equipment. We are locally owned and operated, and are a founding member of the nation's largest HVAC/R cooperative with over 425 locations. Johnstone Supply offers superior customer service, technical advice, and training seminars. If you are looking for a challenging work environment, and want to know your contributions make a difference, apply to join our winning team.
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: Warehouse Associate - Savannah, GA
JOB DESCRIPTION: Johnstone Supply has an immediate opening for a Warehouse Associate to join our team. The primary purpose of this position is to provide assistance and support to both internal and external customers through the performance of a variety of warehouse duties Ability to practice high safety standards at all times is a requirement for this position. This position works Monday - Friday and every other Saturday morning with holidays and weekends off. This is for a day shift position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES –
• Load and unload customer orders and freight trucks.
• Put away stock in the warehouse, and pull will-call orders for customer pick-up.
• Receive in daily rush orders and weekly Corporate orders.
• Maintain bin locations.
• Put away incoming stock
• Pull and stage customer will-call, delivery, and ship out orders
• Clean and straighten warehouse daily
• Recycle cardboard and empty branch garbage
• Sweep, dust, and mop the entire building including the exterior and parking lot
• Complete weekly warehouse walk through to locate areas to straighten up
• Replenish show room boxes
• Label incoming product with Johnstone stock numbers
• Work well as a team player
• Work on special projects as assigned
• Back up delivery driver
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• Basic computer skills.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs unassisted, up to 100 lbs with assistance daily.
• Be reliable with good attendance.
• Previous experience in a distribution center or warehouse atmosphere utilizing RF Scanners preferred.
• Experience receiving product utilizing RF Scanners preferred.
• Must have the ability to efficiently work independent of direct supervision within the warehouse.
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Ability to be forklift certified within 90 days of hire.
• Paid Vacation / Holidays / Sick Leave
• Monthly and Annual Bonus Opportunities
• Medical Insurance
• Discount Purchase Program for Employees
• Discounted Wireless Phone Options