Registered Nurse (RN), Lake Health - Mentor, OH
Are you interested in becoming part of an outstanding team of professionals who make patient and family-centered care their priority? We currently have the following opportunity for an energetic, skilled, and compassionate individual like you to become part of the Lake Health team.
The Registered Nurse is responsible to the Department Director, Lake Health, and its clients to be clinically competent; delivers care to patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation; and effectively interacts with patients, significant others, and other health team members while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
Essential Job functions:
- Utilize the nursing process by demonstrating appropriate assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the Medical Surgical patient's care, as evidenced by patient, family and direct observation.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with physicians, other nurses, and other team members to assure the well-being of patients and families.
- Promotes and works to achieve a patient/family centered care environment including a strong commitment to patient/family privacy, safety and satisfaction.
- Change management: Actively participates and contributes to department performance improvement initiatives, team member employee engagement activities, has the ability to alter practice in the ever-changing healthcare environment.
- Adheres to the hospital and department policies, procedures, and culture of Lake Health.
Education and Experience:
- Education: Associates Degree in Nursing, BSN preferred.
- License/Certification: AHA BLS required.
- Experience: One year Medical Surgical Experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of computer systems.
- Ability to work independently, with limited oversight, excellent critical thinking skills, able to problem solve.
- Incumbent will be required to work at any facility and be responsible for own transportation.
Lake Health offers free, secure and convenient parking; an aggressive pay structure, tuition reimbursement and continuing education funding programs, a generous and comprehensive benefits package for all eligible positions which includes medical, dental, vision, pension, paid time off; an award winning hospital system recognized for excellence in patient care and as a "Best Place to Work."
Posting ID: 583359175Posted: 2020-12-17