This position is located in Rockville, MD.
The Mansfield Kaseman Health Clinic, a community clinic providing primary care for uninsured and underinsured patients as well as Medicaid and Medicare patients is seeking a full-time Registered Nurse/Supervisor for our clinical area in Rockville, MD. We are a young and growing clinic. The patient care /clinical area is currently staffed by an LPN and an MA.
- Provide organization in the clinical area, optimizing patient flow and assuring that intake and discharge are efficient
- Review and revise specific job descriptions for our clinical staff
- Insure quality and compassionate health care for patients
- Comprehensive patient teaching abilities are required as we are in the process of planning a Diabetes Center
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of the clinic would be a part of this position.
- Patient education would be an important part of the duties of this position and experience with diabetic teaching is desired.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and a Maryland license
- Certification as a diabetic educator would be a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 1+ year of previous experience in the Primary Care setting and experience with EHR. The clinic uses eClinical Works.
- Spanish language skills are an asset but not essential
The Mansfield Kaseman Health Clinic provides a competitive benefits package, and encourages employee input and collaboration with other staff members.
If this sounds like a good fit for you - feel free to apply through this posting, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Nursing Supervisor" in the subject area, or you may also send a CV by fax to 301-917-6810 attention Medical Director with "Nursing Supervisor" in the subject area. You are needed and we are thrilled to have you join us!
In May 2004, Community Ministries of Rockville founded the Mansfield Kaseman Health Program (MKHP) in response to the need of increasing access to primary healthcare services for the uninsured and underinsured members of Greater Rockville Area. Initially, the MKHP offered four hours of service at one location in the community with clinical services provided by Mobile Medical Car, Inc. and additional “wrap-around” services of counseling, training, education and patient services provided by CMR’s own staff.
Over the next four years, clinic service hours expanded and CMR offered 12 hours of service per week at two Rockville locations, Crusader Lutheran Church and Lincoln Community Center. These two centers served nearly 500 unduplicated patients and 1,300 patient visits per year with nearly thirty per cent of the patients from within Rockville City limits.
After conducting a feasibility study in 2007 that validated the need, CMR began the process of developing a permanent clinic for the uninsured. In 2009, CMR obtained a $250,000 matching grant through the State of Maryland Bond Bill to support clinic construction and build-out. With critical support and a $250,00 grant from Montgomery County through the Primary Care Coalition, CMR opened the Mansfield M. Kaseman Clinic at its current location in 2010.
Posting ID: 600033971Posted: 2021-01-26