Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. ® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships and a rooted sense of community.
Who We're Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the world. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you're ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we'd love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Year Round employees at Steamboat are eligible for medical, dental, vision, Health Saving Account employer match as well as the perks and benefits that all Steamboat employees enjoy. These include a Steamboat ski pass for you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates, 401(k) profit sharing plan (eligibility rules apply), Employee Assistance Program, and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp
The Steamboat Grand Hotel is currently looking for Journey level Electrician with ability to understand and use technology, and must have a valid driver's license. The position will perform work indoors and outdoors, the ideal applicant must work best in all kinds of weather conditions.
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
• Troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment ranging from 12 to 480 volts
• Maintain all electrical power and related equipment including (i.e. appliances, motors-1/8 to 400 horsepower, lighting, control circuits, motor control centers and underground cable
• Design, designate and dedicate control circuits and amp loads
• Calculate wire sizes, voltage drops, conduit sizes
• Facilitate in the design and cost estimating for minor electrical installations
• Manage electrical parts and supplies inventory
• Assist with temporary service installations for special events
• Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements
• Other duties, as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, education and ability required for this job:
• High school diploma
• 2 years of electrical trade school and/or 4 years apprenticeship program required
• Knowledge and comprehension of the National Electrical Code required
• Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers and management consistent with Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp's Service Excellence standards
• Operating a vehicle could be a function of this position and will require the successful applicant to meet the minimum requirements of the Driver's Standards Policy that includes possessing a valid Driver's License and meet insurability standards
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Lift a minimum of 50 lbs. on a recurring basis
• Must perform assigned work, indoors or outdoors, off ladders, scaffolding or in confined areas, often in inclement weather conditions
• Read, write and communicate clearly in English
• Resume required with online application
• Available for home/cell telephone contact year round for technical assistance or response to an electrical emergency
• This is hourly non-exempt position and subject to overtime pay
• Employment for this job is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
• Pursuant to county and/or state orders and company policies, every employee is required to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms, practice social distancing, wash hands frequently, wear a mask per current guidelines, self-report and call in immediately and stay home if sick and assist with sanitizing and disinfecting work areas. Employees must follow all resort mitigation plans and protocols, which can be found posted on resort buildings and on Beekeeper
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.