Manager III (Compliance Manager), Grade M3
Montgomery County Employee Retirement Plans
$79,196 - $144,751
Montgomery County Employee Retirement Plans is seeking a Compliance Manager (Manager III) who will be supervising the activities related to complex investment performance analysis, including the oversight of performance reporting for the Employees' Retirement System and the Consolidated Retiree Health Benefits Trust (CRHBT).
Primary functions of this position include but are not limited to:
• The position will be the subject matter expert for performance measurement related activities and will work closely with the MCERP senior investment professionals in developing analytical and business processes.
• Oversee the preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (audit of the retirement plans), payment of all expenses, preparation of the annual budget and quarterly compliance, and the compliance program for the retirement plans and the Consolidated Retiree Health Benefits Trust.
• Recommend changes to policies related to the operations and investment programs for the retirement plans and the CRHBT.
• Conduct operational due diligence on all ERS investment managers.
• Analyze processes/procedures to determine if they are industry standard, and if not, establishing guidelines to monitor those processes/procedures that fall below industry standards.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of the Risk Management Program and Risk Budgeting System, including; updating capital market assumptions; updating allocations to managers and markets; and running reports to assess contribution to total risk, environmental biases, etc.
• Monthly reconciliation of ERS & RHBT cash accounts, preparation of the department's annual operating budget by providing guidance to staff on the budget process, ensuring timely completion of all required financial/budgetary reports and support documentation.
• Supervise the work of two accounting professionals related to: preparation of the compliance with the ERS securities lending program participation and guidelines;
• Analyze and research complex accounting/financial issues and prepare written/oral reports addressing issues related to pension plans.
A criminal background and credit history check will be conducted on the selected candidate prior to appointment and will be a significant factor in the hiring decision.
Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in Finance, Accounting or Business Management.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree
Equivalency: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Medical & Background: Selected candidate will be required to successfully complete a Medical History Review prior to appointment. A criminal background and credit history check will be conducted on the selected candidate prior to appointment and will be a significant factor in the hiring decision.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
To view the complete job announcement and to apply, please visit our website at https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/HR/Recruitment/MCGCareers.html
click on the "Search Jobs" tab, and then on the Job Search link
Read the full job description under the "Managerial Executive" Job Category.
Interested candidates must create an online account in order to apply.
The requisition number is IRC47033
This Recruitment will remain open until filled
All resume submissions must address the preferred criteria for the position,
which are listed in the full advertisement, preferably in a separate section of the resume.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the Resume Preparation Tips
listed under the "How to Apply" tab on the Office of Human Resource's MCG Careers webpage.