JPCL Engineering, LLC is a growing MWBE/DBE firm with three office locations in New Jersey and New York. We work with government and city agencies to provide special inspection and material testing services in the NJ, NY and PA area.
We are looking for a Lab Director to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for coordinating and managing the activities of a Materials Testing Laboratory. Testing includes materials such as soils, aggregates, concrete, and asphalt. This includes ensuring that the laboratory testing services are conducted in a safe manner and consistent with company quality protocols, project requirements, and in a timely manner. Oversee and coordinate the training and utilization of laboratory staff. Oversee and coordinate the maintenance and cleanliness of the laboratory and testing equipment.
- Ensure that the testing services are accomplished consistent with JPCL’s quality manual, testing procedures, standards and in a timely manner.
- Oversees calibration and maintenance of the laboratory equipment.
- Ensures the proper organization and appearance of the laboratory area including keeping the area and equipment clean and uncluttered.
- Performs construction and geotechnical related laboratory testing.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices.
- Manages laboratory personnel ensuring that they are properly trained and prepared to obtain essential certifications. Evaluates the performance of all employees within the laboratory and assists them in their professional development and growth, consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership regarding safety, ensuring that employees are provided the necessary tools and equipment to ensure their personal safety in the office, laboratory and field.
- Directly supervises the administrative systems of the laboratory to ensure that reports, proposals, and information required to serve the client are properly prepared and reported.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering
- Experienced in performing laboratory tests on construction and geotechnical materials
- Professional Engineer ( PE ) licensed
- ACI Certification Lab Level I & 2
- Proficient in MS Office Suite applications, MS Excel and Word a must
- PE in New York
- Well versed in ASTM and AASHTO test procedures for soils, aggregates and concrete.
JPCL Engineering, LLC. is an EEO Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Posting ID: 593714662Posted: 2021-01-15