• Plans, directs, and coordinates warehouse activities in accordance with organizational policies and applicable government laws or regulations.
• Supervises the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, testing, and shipping products or materials.
• Interviews, selects, and trains warehouse personnel.
• Plans, develops, or implements warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
• Performs packing/re-packing, crating/re-crating, and validation of goods received to the warehouse, as needed.
• Prepares or directs preparation of correspondence, reports, and operations, maintenance, and safety manuals.
• Ensures warehouse is well organized and maintained at the highest levels of cleanliness.
• Confers with operations manager to coordinate warehouse activities.
• Inspects physical conditions of warehouse equipment and recommends testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
• Refers to and coordinates with operations manager in response to shippers' questions and complaints regarding storage and distribution services.
• Supervises employees’ requisite training and certification(s) to operate warehouse equipment and machinery
• Ensures all points of entry to the warehouse remain closed and locked when not in use.
• Develops and documents standard and emergency operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing, shipping, or salvaging products or materials.
• Sovana Global Logistics, LLC reserves the right to add to, or change, these duties at any time.
• Education: Bachelor's degree
• Experience: 5 years of experience as warehouse or logistics manager
• Certified and licensed forklift operator.
• Experience with Fishbowl inventory management software a plus.
• Critical thinking
• Service orientation
• Management of personnel resources
• Complex problem solving
• Judgment and decision making
• Time management