Robotic Research – Electrical Engineer Job Opening
If you’re inspired by the possibilities of robotics to change lives and protect our warfighters – join us!
Robotic Research is currently seeking applicants for full-time Engineers of all experience levels to work on state-of-the-art autonomous vehicle systems. We offer a fast-paced environment where engineering comes first, and a breadth and depth of skills, knowledge, and interests are highly valued. Candidates will have ample opportunities to get their hands dirty testing their designs in our specialized robotic engineering and test facility.
Robotic Research has been developing cutting-edge software and hardware for autonomous ground, air, and naval robotic systems since 2002. We specialize in developing solutions for DoD, Automotive, Law Enforcement, and First Responder applications. We have a close-knit team devoted to delivering the best robotics technologies to meet and exceed our customers’ needs. Our systems combine advanced control systems, autonomous mobility, perception, and behavior generation software with innovative and sophisticated mechanical and electrical hardware. We have a long history of successful program execution, and have hardware and software on some of the highest visibility DoD ground robotics programs.
Building on our past success with deploying robotic systems for both military and commercial applications, we are currently expanding operations and looking for new team members who want to make meaningful contributions in the field of autonomous systems. If you think you would be a good fit for our team, we would love to hear from you.
- Printed circuit board and cable harness design
- Firmware and embedded software development
- Designing electrical architecture and electronic circuits, processor selection and integration
- Designing hardware, sourcing components, developing schematics, managing layout, and testing prototypes to validate hardware design
- Contributing to subsystem and vehicle-level systems engineering, particularly with regard to power, data buses and networks, functionality trade-offs, grounding and EMC strategy
- Build, assembly, and test of prototype systems
- Generation of technical data packages, including schematics, PCB layout models, detail drawings, interface control documents, and test reports
- Supporting the manufacturing and assembly processes
- Supporting field tests of robotic systems
- Working to integrate components, subsystems, and systems with the Mechanical and Software engineering teams
- Working with Systems and test engineering teams to generate requirements and test plans
- Working with Program managers and lead engineers to establish and manage schedules, costs, and budgets
- Writing proposals, white papers, and reports
- Experience with Altium, OrCAD, Eagle, or similar schematic capture / PCB Layout software
- Experience debugging electrical circuits using oscilloscopes, signal and logic analyzers, and other tools
- Entry-Level positions require:
- B.S. degree (with a minimum 3.0 GPA) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Mid-level positions require:
- B.S. degree in an Engineering Discipline
- 5+ years of electrical design experience, preferably in a field with tightly coupled electrical, mechanical, and software components, such as Robotics, Automation, Medical Technology, or Aerospace.
- Demonstrated technical depth and breadth of knowledge in analog and digital circuit analysis and design
- Senior-level positions require:
- B.S. degree in an Engineering Discipline
- 10+ years of electrical design experience, preferably in a field with tightly coupled electrical, mechanical, and software components, such as Robotics, Automation, Medical Technology, or Aerospace
- Thorough knowledge of designin and analysis of both analog and digital circuits
- 3+ years acting in a supervisory role
- M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related field
- Experience with the development of robotic/autonomous systems
- Experience with hand and reflow soldering and PCB assembly and rework
- Experience with embedded programming in C/C++
- Experience with FPGA design and programming in VHDL or Verilog
- Experience in cable harness design
- Experience with SPICE tools, ModelSim, or similar analog and digital circuit simulation tools
- Familiarity with IPC standards
- Familiarity with design for manufacturing practices
- Experience with hardware and software configuration management tools
- Experience in managing suppliers and/or contract manufacturers through the specification of requirements
- Experience in designing for environmental constraints (including temperature, humidity, vibration) EMI/EMC, ESD, etc.
- Experience with implementing and tuning linear and non-linear motion control systems
- Experience with Python, LabView, or MATLAB for data collection and analysis
- Experience with System and Subsystem Requirement/Specification Generation
- Experience with Verification and Validation Test Procedure generation and execution
- Familiarity with ISO-26262, MIL-STD-882, or similar safety specifications
- Candidate should be a flexible team player with good oral and written communication skills, and able to work effectively in a very fast-paced environment with team members from many different disciplines and backgrounds
MUST BE A US CITIZEN
Ability to pass a rigorous background check a must.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Posting ID: 581917759Posted: 2021-03-01