Community Lutheran Church Mission: Welcoming Others, Growing in Grace, Sharing Christ's Love
Vision: A church embedded in the community that impacts people’s lives for the sake of the Gospel
Values: Welcome; Community; Christian Formation; Outreach
Position Status: Part-Time (flexible schedule averaging up to 20 hours per week)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reporting Relationship: This position will directly report to Pastor (Head of Staff)
Job Summary: The Communications Specialist is the hub of all CLC communications, overseeing, developing, and implementing communications, both internally within the congregation and externally to local, national, and global communities. This individual is a collaborative, creative, innovative, strategic thinker, and a results-driven team leader and administrator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This individual will serve as the lead creative/content curator and brand manager for all church communications, maintaining and promoting consistent brand identity.
- Collaborates with staff, team leaders, pastors, Congregation Council, and other ministry leaders, helping to identify priorities and setting direction for internal/external communications in order to enhance CLC’s ministries and purpose.
- Recruit, equip and encourage lay leaders to serve on a Communications Team to implement communication goals, e.g. such as artists, designers, photographers, videographers and writers to develop and provide content for communications.
- Coordinates, designs, and produces content inputs and graphics for the website, social media, slides, printed material, email communications, reports, audio/visual communications, signage, and all other communication needs.
- Analyzes and selects appropriate avenues of communication depending on the situation and resources available. Tests and analyzes their effectiveness and adjusts accordingly.
- Manages CLC’s website information and function/design, working to keep website up to date and presenting our best and most useful front door to prospective attendees
- Creatively builds online presence and cultivates followings from various social media outlets. Continuously monitors their effectiveness.
- Keeps abreast of communication trends and technologies in order to continually improve CLC’s internal and external communications with various population demographics.
- Participates in staff meetings, team meetings, and retreats as appropriate.
- Performs additional special projects as required.
- Honors Church mission and performs role with a sense of purpose, operating with integrity and trust in all interactions. Adheres to CLC policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or certification in communications, public relations, media relations, or related field preferred or at least 3 years of experience in a communications-related field.
- Experience developing and implementing a variety of communications in a highly-collaborative environment. Demonstrated ability to create a vision for communications program and to work collaboratively with all stakeholders to implement that vision.
- Proficiency in MS Office; Creative and talented in graphic design and software applications such as Canva, and Adobe InDesign and Photoshop. Experience with Wordpress or similar platform required.
- Proficient in engaging social media outlets, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube, as well as online and print community publications (i.e., Ashburn Patch, Loudoun Times, etc.).
- Ability to evaluate the need for technology or technology upgrades and implement, including educating lay leaders and staff in their use.
- Strong project management, time management, and organization skills, with an ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects from start to finish within deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellent writing and editing skills; Strong verbal communication and listening skills also required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to engage others to volunteer time and talents to develop and contribute content that communicates mission and vision.
- Avid learner with an interest in proactively continuing education and learning opportunities to stay abreast of the latest communications and public relations technology trends.
- Clear criminal background check.
All interested applicants should submit a resume with cover letter to email@example.com. Samples of work products will be requested during the interview.
Posting ID: 597289216Posted: 2021-01-14