Formations is looking for a Customer Success Manager to join our Kirkland WA office as fully remote due to Covid-19. Applicants from other states are also welcome to apply.
About the Role:
Our customers are our most valued asset, and developing a trusted relationship is paramount to our success. The Customer Success Manager (CSM) will execute full customer lifecycle management and be actively involved in managing all phases, including customer onboarding, quarterly business reviews, customer renewals, and customer health initiatives. The CSM will possess excellent accounting, communication, project management, and customer service skills. As a trusted customer partner, you are laser-focused on a positive customer experience above everything else. This role is available both remote and from our Kirkland, WA office.
Ideal candidates have a background in accounting, are familiar with preparing financial statements, and have excellent customer service acumen. Both seasoned accountants and recent college graduates are encouraged to apply.
This role sits within the Customer Support Team and reports directly to our Customer Success Manager.
- You demonstrate mastery of general ledger accounting, including monthly reconciliations of all customer accounts, preparation of regular state excise filings, management of payroll, and annual closure of the books for tax preparation.
- You are fluent in current accounting and payroll technology and stay on top of the industry's rapid changes.
- You possess impeccable relational skills and can create win/win environments for all parties you work with.
- You have a consultative approach and a collaborative nature; you enjoy building relationships.
- You work with customers to effectively leverage our services and technology solutions and find value in the service we provide.
- An overall team player willing to jump and support wherever possible across all functional areas of the business.
- Culture advocate, actively participating to ensure a great employee and team experience.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Manage a roster of customers via Xero and reviewing entries by your team of Data Entry Specialists (DES).
- Ensure payroll is processed regularly via Gusto for all customers in your book of business; analyze current net income necessary to advise customers on the payroll they need to take to stay compliant.
- Ensure all regular state and local returns are filed and paid on time.
- Review and prepare regular financial statements for customers monthly.
- Analyze the general ledger entries to prepare the Trial Balance for annual 1120S preparation
- Manage implementation projects and conduct weekly implementation meeting status call.
- Serve as a resource for escalated customer issues.
- Prepare and conduct strategic internal and customer video kick-off meetings - requires the flexibility to adjust working hours to accommodate various time zones.
- Manage customer renewals, ensure renewals, upsell, and expansion opportunities are provided and utilized with customers.
- Support efforts to mine and develop an understanding of customer feedback and drive the closed-loop process.
- Help maintain above-industry-average retention rates.
- Manage customer information preparing content, and regularly updating CRM and project work items in Hubspot.
- Set expectations, develop and communicate the implementation project timeline, and defines the onboarding process.
- Manage project risk to ensure timely, on-budget project execution and closure of implementation and setup tasks.
- Facilitate customer communication during the onboarding phase and beyond. Including email communication, video conference calls with customers, and delivery of financial reports.
- Advocate customer needs/issues cross-departmentally.
- 2+ years in customer success, customer experience, project management, account management, or equivalent history in a customer service role.
- 2+ years of industry experience in accounting preferred. Experience with Xero Accounting Software and Gusto preferred.
- Experience preparing 1120S returns is preferred.
- Excellent customer management and project management abilities
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and analytical.
- Strong team player; thrives in a multi-tasking environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly.
- CRM experience is preferred.
Founded in 2019, Formations is a growing fintech startup based in Kirkland, WA. Our mission is to help every self-employed person maximize their financial potential and well-being -- and we plan on giving the small business accounting and benefits industries a good shaking-up in the process.
Self-employed folks start their businesses to focus on their clients and their impact, not to spend half their days pouring over their books and stressing about taxes. Formations wants to give our customers the time and peace of mind to do what they do best – and to help them earn the most for it. This means we do all the back-of-the-house financial work to maximize our customers’ business health and compliance, tax savings, personal health and retirement benefits, and peace of mind.
This full-time position offers a competitive base salary and benefits package. We go above and beyond in our commitment to our staff's health, well-being, and happiness by also offering flexible paid time away from work, weekly team culture events, volunteer time off, and other surprise perks throughout the year. Formations is an equal opportunity employer.
Powered by JazzHR