Location: Quantico, VA
Clearance Level: Active DoD - TS/SCI
Professional series Certification (e.g. RHCE, CCIE, JNCIE, CCNP, Fortinet NSE 5)
- IAT III, IAM III, IASAE II (CISA, GCIH, GCED, CASP, GSLC, CISM CISSP(or Associate))
- CND-IS Compliance (CEH or SSCP)
4-on, 4-off, 3-on, 3-off, 1800-0600, Sun-Tue and every other Saturday
**Selected applicants may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. **
Senior Network Administrator serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all core network systems, serving as Tier III echelon support for network IA devices to all units within a global enterprise network and provides escalated technical support to Tier II technicians. In conjunction with other integrated teams, Tier III also provides planning for enterprise IA boundaries for the installation and configuration of all IA network devices located throughout the enterprise, acting as a two-way conduit by consulting with and providing technical guidance to other client sections regarding the testing, planning, and implementation of new network IA devices, as well as facilitating the transition of new capabilities to operations when appropriate. Tier III SME's also assist with the review of external or development of internal policies and plans related to enterprise operations in order to ensure standardization and compliance with Network Operations requirements throughout the organization.
The candidate will be expected to attend weekly Tier III section meetings with client staff to provide verbal and written updates related to Tier III tasks; problems they have encountered in the past week; and plans for the coming week task completion. The Contractor shall document these Tier III issues and plans in a Tier III Weekly Status Report.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Operate and maintain the network management and information architecture.
- Migrate users from the legacy networks.
- Maintain systems on-site in accordance with the original equipment manufacturers (OEM) recommended engineering and maintenance practices.
- Perform preventive maintenance, during non-core hours on the system including scheduled preventive maintenance such as periodic tests, inspections, and all other preventive maintenance services/practices recommended by the OEM and as specified SOPs.
- Perform maintenance after notification that equipment is inoperative and or malfunctioning.
- Provide service personnel trained and certified by the respective OEMs sufficient to ensure system performance and compliance with the maintenance requirements.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained in accordance with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) guidelines, SOPs.
- Firewall - ACME Packet; Cisco ASA; FortiNet FortiGate; McAfee Sidewinder; Juniper NetScreen, ISG, SSG
- Router - Cisco, Juniper, BrocadeWeb Content Filtering - BlueCoat
- WAN Optimization - Riverbed Steelhead
- Switch - Juniper, Cisco, Ericson, ForeSystems, Brocade
- DNS - Red Hat Enterprise Linux, RHEL Syslog
- WAN Optimization - Riverbed Steelhead, F5 Load Balancers
Education and Certifications
- Professional series Certification (e.g. RHCE, CCIE, JNCIE, CCNP, Fortinet NSE 5)
- IAT III, IAM III, IASAE II (CISA, GCIH, GCED, CASP, GSLC, CISM CISSP(or Associate)
- CND-IS Compliance (CEH or SSCP)
Background Needed and Years of Experience:
7 Years related experience
Preferred Technical Skills:
- H/W: ACME Packet; Cisco ASA; FortiNet FortiGate; McAfee Sidewinder; Juniper NetScreen, ISG, SSG
- S/W: FortiOS, CISCO IOS, NXOS; SecureOS; ScreenOS, JUNOS
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate in a clear speaking voice as well as the ability to respond clearly to questions
- Aptitude to address negative situations, and resolve them in a positive manner
Proksi Systems is a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure people feel supported and connected at work. We are striving to build a team that wants to grow together. We offer the very best services in our field.
Although we are a start-up, we know our industry. There’s no challenge too big or too small, and we dedicate our utmost energy to every project we take on.
Who should apply -- Our ideal candidate should embody our core values:
- Love solving problems with practical solutions
- Recognize that work is not a job but an opportunity
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Have the self-honesty to admit when they are wrong and the courage to change
- Be willing to question the status quo