Jupiter Aluminum is an aluminum mill located in Hammond, IN. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for Material Handler positions.
As a Material Handler, your daily duties may consist up to but not limited to:
• Stage, move, load and unload unfinished and finished products and raw materials in a safe and efficient method
• Stock and maintain inventory
• Perform safety checks on equipment
• Perform preventive maintenance (PMs) on forklift and/or other mobile equipment
• Maintain daily logs and production reports
• Assist Operators as needed
• Perform other duties as directed.
As a Material Handler, you will be expected to fulfill the following requirements:
• Material Handlers may need to lift raw materials, finished products, and scrap, manually or using hoists, forklifts or other mobile equipment.
• Material Handlers may be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Material Handlers may be required to work rotating shifts of up to 12 hours.
• Material Handlers may be required to travel outside between buildings.
• Material Handlers will ensure work area is clean and safety standards are followed inside and outside.
• Material Handlers are responsible for meeting Jupiter’s product quality standards.
• Material Handlers must be able to pass criminal and drug background screenings.
• Ideal candidates will have HS diploma, or GED, as well as some forklift experience.
BENEFITS AT JUPITER
As a Jupiter Employee you will have access to our benefit plans:
• Medical, Dental, & Life insurance plans
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
Jupiter Aluminum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Affirmative Action/Minorities/Female/Veterans/ Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.