Crown Cork and Seal, a global metal packaging company is looking for a Stacker Operator at our plant in Crawfordsville, Indiana.
Business Overview CROWN Cork & Seal USA, Inc., a wholly owned company of Crown Holdings, Inc. is a global leader in the design, manufacture and sale of packaging products for consumer goods. At Crown, we are passionate about helping our customers build their brands and connect with consumers around the world. We do this by delivering innovative packaging that offers significant value for brand owners, retailers and consumers alike. With operations in 36 countries employing over 24,000 people and net sales of over $8 billion, we are uniquely positioned to bring best practices in quality and manufacturing to our customers to drive their businesses locally and globally. Sustaining a leadership position requires us to build a team of highly talented, dedicated and driven individuals.
Division OverviewCrown's Food Division is the number one manufacturer of food cans in the world. Our complete array of food packaging serves a variety of markets, including fruit, vegetables, dairy, fish, meat, ready meals, pet food, infant milk powder and other dry food products. We offer a wide selection of food cans from round to bowl as well as shaped cans. We truly focus on excellence. Here is your chance to join the Crown Food Division.Job Responsibilities
- Operate assigned stacker equipment.
- Conduct change overs on stacker equipment.
- Cut new conveyor belts and install them accordingly.
- Make adjustments to the line as needed to ensure within quality standards.
- Bands skids by following the banding standard operating procedure.
- Flip skids when needed.
- Keep all supplies full, including cardboard corners, banding supplies, etc..
- Comply with area housekeeping initiatives.
- Communicate with coater operator and QC.
- Perform required quality checks and inspect sheets for quality issues.
- Perform preventive maintenance activities on stacker end equipment, including greasing line.
- Cover for breaks.
- Perform resort activities including and not limited to running the resort line and sorting HFI's.
- Ensures all equipment, guards, and safety devices are in place at all times, and follows safe work procedures and safety rules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- A high school diploma or equivalent with 3+ years working experience in a manufacturing setting (high-speed manufacturing is preferred).
- Effective record keeping skills and the ability to focus on details.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks at the same time.
- Effective and proven communication skills (both written and verbal) working in a team environment.
- Must be able to work a rotating shift schedule.
- Must be able to work daily overtime including on Saturdays and Sundays when needed.
- Must have the ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds on occasion and regularly stand, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. This position may also require climbing or balancing.
- Pass physical/drug test, background check, reference checks.
Crown offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision/prescription/ life insurance and income protection benefits as well as a company funded pension plan, 401(K), stock purchase, tuition reimbursement and gain sharing programs. Also, as part of our Total Safety Culture, Crown is committed to the safety, health and well-being of all of our employees and their families. EEO/AA/Vets/Disabled.
0 - 10%
Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Posting ID: 575028143Posted: 2020-12-16