L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Description: Job Title:
Contracts LeadJob ID:
Herndon, VA Job Description:
- Administerscontractsand agreements in accordance with federal government regulations andcompany policies and procedures, manages and negotiates customer changesto such agreements.
- Performsproposalpreparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, andcustomer contact activities to provide for proper contractacquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legalrequirements, andcustomer specifications.
- Prepares proposals, bids,processes specifications,progress, and other reports.
- Examines commercial terms ofsolicitations, requirements, and delivery schedules to provide writtenreviews to management identifying and mitigating risks to ensure accuracyand completeness.
- Prepares proposals andcustomer correspondence.
- Advises pursuit team, program team and management of contractual rights and obligations of the pursuits and programs for which you are responsible.
- Proactively identifies pursuit, program and company risks and provides recommended mitigations.
- Effective communicatorwithin program multi-functional teams, contracts professionals, internalmanagement and all levels of customer counterparts.
- Compiles and analyzes data and maintains historical information.
- Experience with, andunderstanding of, letters of credit, bid and performance bonds, foreign exchange risks and mitigation strategies.
- Ability to manage multipletasks and priorities and fulfill obligations and commitment
- Ability to obtain and maintain government security clearance
- Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of project management.
- Manages large, complex project initiatives of substantial importance to the organization with minimal oversight or direction.
- Communicates within and outside of the organization to explain and influence changes to practices, processes and approaches.
- Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or products.
- Provides input into new products/processes and implements operational plans that have measurable impact on business or functional results.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree withminimum 9 years directly relatedcontracts experience orMaster's Degree withminimum 7 years directlyrelated contractsexperience.
- Experience with the FAA's Acquisition Management System (AMS)
- Experience with FederalAcquisition Regulation (FAR) /Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation(DFAR) and commercial and international contracting terms and conditions.
- Experience with long term,complex programs and contracts.
- Positionwill require interaction with internal and external customers, including USG, andgovernment.Interpersonal skills, professionalism and the ability to communicateeffectively are required.
- Ability to work with minimalguidance and supervision.
- Experience with US andForeign Government acquisitions and Foreign Military Sales.
- Experience with US andForeign commercial acquisitions.
- Experience with a variety ofcontractual relationships and vehicles, including marketing and consultingagreements, JVs and consortium agreements,
- Experience negotiatingcomplex contract terms andconditions.
- Experience with competitiveproposals and procurements.
- ExperienceinInternational Contracting, International Agreements, FCPA, andcultural business etiquette in dealing with Internationalcustomers.
- Excellent knowledge with MSOffice Suite.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.