JOB SUMMARY: Proactively manages the product realization cycle. This includes capacity planning, scheduling and overseeing the fabrication of the work on time and within budget. Creates and implements the manufacturing plans and schedules to best utilize the company’s state of the art equipment and craftsmen. Responsible for developing capacity analysis to create forward looking resource planning. Supervises the working leads to ensure the highest quality work is produced in the most efficient manner. Mentor and train subordinates and shop craftsmen. Resolve manpower, material, and machine maintenance conflicts to meet deadlines. Maintain the facilities and equipment. Embrace the company’s commitment to continuous improvement by helping implement and maintain the ISO 9001 Quality System. The Shop Superintendent reports directly to the General Manager.
1. Produce the highest quality work possible in accordance with and offer suggestions for improving the quality program.
2. Work productively and safely by following all company policies and procedures.
3. Help track job and shop cost by accurately entering information as required on the computer and shop records.
4. Maintain the production schedule to keep on-time shipment metrics in alignment with production performance goals
5. Maintain shop capacity and manpower requirement forecasts
6. Manage shop manpower levels to match workload and maintain appropriate productivity levels
7. Manage the facilities and equipment maintenance program using an asset control system
8. Coordinate shop production with the Engineering Manager and the Quality Manager
9. Participate in the company’s ISO 9001 Quality System as a key member of the ISO Management Group.
1. Maintain and improve company’s Safety program.
2. Key member of the employee development program.
3. Track shop performance metrics, including Ontime Delivery, Customer Returns, Productivity and Shop Efficiency
4. Supervise ordering of shop consumables
5. Supervise the loading and unloading of critical shipments
6. Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Expert knowledge of sheet metal and steel fabrication including CNC fabricating equipment (i.e. CNC Laser, CNC Press Brake, CNC Tube Bending, CNC Vertical Mill, Robotic Welding).
2. Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office software and experience managing a shop using an ERP program.
3. Able to read various types of drawings including both 1st and 3rd angle projections.
4. Ability to work well with others and ability to maintain consistent attendance.
5. Candidate must be well organized and have exceptional time management skill set.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Minimum of ten years in the steel fabrication industry with a minimum of five years supervising production.
2. Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in English. Spanish fluency a plus.
3. Successful completion of TWI (Training Within Industry) program including Job Instruction, Job Relations, & Job Methods while not required is highly desirable.