- The selected individual will serve as a technical Subject Matter Expert in the area of SMART-T and MILSATCOM.
- As the Technical SME will support system-level SMART-T reviews.
- Perform engineering analysis of field failures and, as needed, provide recommended solutions.
- Coordinate and negotiate design and engineering activities while serving as the program team lead for execution of all technical reviews.
- Pro-actively assess need for obsolescence redesign and oversee obsolescence redesign activities performed by the OEM.
- Witness system level RF and Digital technical testing.
- Provide engineering assessment on future system (hardware and software) upgrades to ensure highest level of SMART-T operational readiness rates.
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field required, MS preferred
- Technical understanding and proven expertise working on military satellite communication systems.
- Experience operating and maintaining the SMART-T Terminal or other similar MILSATCOM Systems
- Demonstrated experience to perform the above identified responsibilities.
The best candidate will have all or most of the below qualifications.
- Skilled in Satellite Communications (SATCOM) fundamentals, earth station equipment, and associated terrestrial systems.
- Knowledge of implementing hybrid networks---terrestrial, satellite and fiber.
- Knowledge of IP over SATCOM networks using MDR/XDR, iDirect, Linkway, LinkStar, or equivalent MF-TDMA hubs.
- Knowledge of RF theory, characteristics, advantages, and disadvantages associated with the myriad SATCOM bands (L, C, X, Ku, and Ka).
- Familiarity with the operation and maintenance of tactical and strategic MILSATCOM terminals.
- Familiarity with the operation and maintenance of MILSATCOM earth terminal equipment (up/down converters, modems, high power amplifiers).
- Familiarity with the operation of MILSATCOM encryption devices (KG-250, KG-250x, KIV-7HS, KIV-7M, KG-94, KG-175).
- Knowledge of information technology and knowledge and experience with commercial and tactical military satellite technology architectures, standards, system, hardware and software.
- Familiarity with the seven layers of the OSI Model, IPv6, and skill in adapting emerging platforms and new technologies.
- Knowledge of DoD Communications Security (COMSEC) procedures.
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 593943872Posted: 2021-01-23