This position can work remotely from a home office anywhere in the U.S.
Tosoh Bioscience LLC, a division of Tosoh Corporation, is a major global supplier of chromatographic solutions predominately serving the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and chemical industries. Our comprehensive line of analytical HPLC columns, bulk process media resins, and dedicated GPC systems for polymer analysis, coupled with our expertise, make the solution to your separation and purification process clear.
The Product Manager, GPC/SEC Instruments is responsible for the product marketing and planning of the Company’s GPC/SEC instruments in North and South America. The ultimate goal of the role is to ensure revenue targets are reached, visibility in the market is achieved, and customer satisfaction goals are met.
The position manages the assigned products throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product positioning and identifying application areas to define winning campaigns. In order to address relevant business fields, the Product Manager works closely with sales and technical service departments.
The Product Manager also operates on a strategic level, providing input to R&D to deliver new products and improve existing ones. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
The Product Manager, GPC/SEC Instruments, reports to the Leader of the Product Management Group for Tosoh Bioscience, LLC. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions
• Develops and executes marketing programs to achieve stated objectives regarding revenue, profitability, and market share
• Assists in establishing strategic marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives for products and services
• Responsible for the distribution, pricing, promotion, positioning of products within target markets
• Creates and monitors marketing budget for the GPC/SEC instruments
• Manages product-line life cycles of the company’s GPC/SEC instruments
• Responsible for overall GPC/SEC instruments product-line Profit and Loss
• Plans and oversees execution of promotional activities and presentations of technical data for the GPC/SEC instruments product line including print, electronic media, trade show, seminars, direct mail, point-of-purchase displays, and signage
• Produce applications marketing collateral to support sales team including presentations, application notes, videos, etc.
• Plans, promotes, and executes sales meetings and community and goodwill events
• Helps establish and maintain consistent corporate image throughout product lines, promotional materials, and events
• Identifies potential collaborations and business development opportunities
• Develops and executes product-line growth strategy
• Continuously monitors the competitive landscape and provides feedback
• Performs quantitative and qualitative market analysis and monitors industry trends
• Participate in new product development with Tosoh Bioscience R&D department
• Serves as liaison between sales and technical service departments
• Assist technical service in supporting customers, addressing quality issues, and handling complaints
• Negotiates contract terms with outside agencies and suppliers
• Communicates with outside advertising agencies on ongoing campaigns
• Ensure training of sales team on new technologies and products
Advanced degree in polymer science or a related field such as chemistry, biochemistry, biology, or biotechnology.
Skills and Qualifications
• Minimum of 5 years of gel permeation/size exclusion chromatography related experience, including routine use of instrumentation
• Extensive knowledge of chromatography theory including GPC and advanced detection theory
• Prior professional experience in a sales or marketing role for an analytical instrumentation company
• Demonstrated ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
• Knowledge of all aspects of a product life cycle
• Demonstrated planning capabilities including exceptional financial and analytical skills
• Ability to be creative, strategic, analytical, and think outside the box to solve problems
• Strong project management and time management skills
• Highly motivated and self-directed individual who can work independently as a vital member of the product management group
• Must have excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to interact with colleagues and customers from multiple disciplines at all levels
• Ability to travel 20-30% while on the job, both domestically and internationally, by both auto and air
• Ability to occasionally lift, up to 25 lbs., and manipulate tools for the setup of trade show booths
Tosoh Bioscience, LLC. (King of Prussia, PA) employees enjoy a lucrative benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, various savings plans, extensive vacation pay, retirement package, competitive salary, bonuses, and an amazing work-life balance.
TBL is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
Visit us at https://www.separations.us.tosohbioscience.com/