The Materials Coordinator is responsible for the review, control and maintenance of the inventory and supplies unique to the Ambulatory Surgery Center.
- Serves as the Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) Unit Material Coordinator for all operating room/colonoscopy supply and equipment requests including anesthesiology and central sterile. Submits work orders in accordance with compliance and SOX regulations. Closes out purchase orders and invoices on a daily basis. Initiates service and repair calls for clinical equipment for the ASC.
- Receives supplies and equipment, distributes and stores in the appropriate assigned areas.
- Coordinates the evaluation of all material resources used in the ASC with the Material Management Department to maximize supply efficiency costs.
- Reviews surgery schedules daily with a member of the perioperative team to determine all equipment and supply needs and to ensure appropriate availability. Collaborates with the Sterile Processing Manager and the ASC Facilities Services Supervisor on the receipt of specialty loaner or shared equipment with physicians, nursing staff, vendors and other KP ASC's as required for schedule caseload. Develops, reviews and maintains PAR stock requirements for all stock and non-stock supplies used by ASC.
- Maintains departmental blanket and standing purchase orders as required. Resolves invoice discrepancies with ASC FSS, Perioperative Leadership and Accounts Payable as appropriate. Maintains vendor/materials management files and catalogs.
- Initiates service and repair calls for clinical equipment for ASC. Maintains all required records and reports including routine electrical safety and preventative maintenance inspections. Initiates and monitors facility maintenance work orders. Provides material management reports to Perioperative Leadership and assists with resolution of discrepancies with the FSS. Utilizes established contracts to assure compliance and usage requirements. Participates in monthly safety rounds in the ASC and has a working knowledge of all regulations that pertain to environmental safety and initiates actions that support these standards.
- Other duties related to the management of supplies and equipment as assigned.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in OR background required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated knowledge of surgical services, supplies (including disposables) and inventory required. This may include muscle tissue, breast implants, skin grafts and corneal tissue.
- Demonstrated knowledge of specialty surgical equipment such as fragment sets, mid-face plates, distal radius plates and hand sets.
- Automated Inventory Experience and previous experience with personal computers required.
- Associate's degree in business or health care related preferred.
- Ambulatory Surgery experience preferred. One-link experience preferred.
Primary Location: Virginia,McLean,Tyson's Corner Medical Center Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun Working Hours Start: 6:00 AM Working Hours End: 6:30 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: M40 OPEIU Local 2 Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Materials Management Department: day surgery Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Posting ID: 598923333Posted: 2021-01-13