To troubleshoot systems and perform preventive and predictive maintenance on various equipment, while always keeping safety as a priority. Will also provide support for production and carry out the assignments and responsibilities given to them by the assembly department maintenance supervisors and team leaders.
Responsible for supporting safety, quality, and productivity while adhering to KAMTEK’s plant standards and upholding the Magna Employee’s Charter.
Also, maintain, troubleshoot, and provide continuous improvement suggestions resulting in minimal downtime of manufacturing equipment in the assembly area. Support installation and modification of equipment to ensure quality control requirements are met and process enhancements are realized.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITIONS:
1) Follow and enforce all plant safety rules and policies.
2) Understand and promote Magna’s philosophies (Magna Operational Principles, Corporate Constitution and Employee’s Charter).
3) Follow and comply with all plant safety standards including LOTO
4) Troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of various manufacturing equipment, including robots, PLC, controls, electrical, etc.
5) Support continuous improvement and lean manufacturing processes
6) Effective communication with team members and other departments
7) Maintain integrity of safety devices including light curtains, safety gates, barriers, etc.
8) Assist in design and installation of new/improved manufacturing equipment, components, and processes
9) Make modifications to existing equipment as required
10) Assist in determining spare parts requirements
11) Maintain accurate documentation
12) Train operators and new team members on fixtures, control panels, etc.
13) Assist team members with running lines/presses
14) Monitor and maintain good housekeeping using 5S
15) Provide support for machine improvements
16) Ensure equipment meets NEC, OSHA, RIA, and Magna regulations
17) Perform PM inspections as required, complete with all repairs
18) Disassemble defective equipment as well as replaces defective parts, electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, etc.
19) May specialize in repairing specific manufacturing equipment, and equipment that is not specific to the manufacturing process.
20) Use computerized or manual maintenance information systems to document the details of equipment related issues, repairs made, preventative and predictive maintenance measures taken, etc.
21) Use computerize or manual systems to facilitate root cause analysis for failures resulting in major downtime (as defined by management). Once the root cause has been identified, put measurements in place that will prevent reoccurrence within the affected business unit, as well as across the facility.
22) Interface will all necessary production associates, production supervision, etc., to ensure issues are identified and resolved. In general, communicate with the production team.
23) Minimize downtime by effective use of resources including response time, technical expertise, tools, spare parts and external contacts
24) Promotes good housekeeping (5S)
25) Perform other duties as required.