Ocean Computer Group is looking for a Level 2/Level 3 engineer that will provide technical support for computers and associated networks.
Level 2 support –This is generally reserved for desktop, laptop, and other user device support but it may also share work with Level 3. Level 2 generally handles break/fix, configuration issues, troubleshooting and software installations, They handle escalated issues that Level 1 support is not equipped to handle. Level 2 will sometimes escalate to Level 3, depending on the issue and the way the Help Desk operates. Depending on the Help Desk organization, a level 2 tech may either 1) be limited to only solving known issues and escalate new issues to level 3; or 2) be authorized to research and implement fixes for new issues and only escalate to Level 3, if it is out of their skill set or ability to solve.
Level 3 support – Troubleshooting, configuration, database administration, and repair for server, network, infrastructure, Data Center, email, file shares, and other infrastructure issues. Besides always having the ability to deploy solutions to new problems.
- Must be able to install, configure, and test all core applications and utility software products such as MS Office, Java, Adobe, Flash, anti-virus, backup software, MS Updates, QuickBooks, etc.
- Additional support capabilities are basic Active Directory support (password resets and group modifications/permissions), network printing, antivirus (Symantec, Webroot, Trend & AVG), network shares, wireless, Exchange (password reset and account creation), Office365, connectivity, hardware performance, etc. Basic IP configuration and smart phones.
- This role also handles NOC-type activities such as handling recurring alerts for failed backups, hardware issues, service outages, and also responsible for regular maintenance for contract customers, including patching, checking anti-virus status, checking backups, etc.
- Responsible for managing tasks in appropriate service management systems (ConnectWise and Kaseya), open call reporting and various reporting/updating requirements as assigned.
- Must maintain all necessary and required technical certifications, based on business needs.
- Adhere to guidelines pertaining to security of assets and proprietary information. Study and comply with the codes of business conduct, proprietary information and copyright guidelines, rules of ethics and other directives outlined in the ETS Employee Guide.
- Perform other customer service related tasks.
- Documentation (Update internal and customer document repositories).
- A High School diploma or equivalent. College degree, A+, Network+, MCP, VMWare, MCSA, CCENT a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with an extensive amount of MSP-specific work
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting computer systems and working with technical and non-technical end users.
- Excels in fast-paced environments and is able to effectively multitask.
- Attention to details and accuracy a must. * Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Quality is a MUST as is the ability to organize and prioritize using a help desk ticketing system.
- Must have experience with ConnectWise PSA and Kaseya RMM
- Must be well-spoken, have excellent writing skills, be extremely personable/customer-service oriented and thrive on the pressure that comes with a network/system's management role.
Ocean Computer Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Headquarters Matawan, NJ
Size 25 to 50 employees
Type Company – Private
Industry Information: Technology
We've seen a lot in our 34+ years.
Ocean Computer Group is primarily focused on solving business challenges. That means we take the time to understand your unique operating environment, and we leverage our experience and expertise to prescribe the best solution to your challenges.
Our customers range from single office environments with dozens or hundreds of employees to regional offices and multiple locations that support thousands of employees across many locations. Our Public Sector customers span all K-12, Higher Ed, County and Municipality customers in NJ. And we can scale from specific project and integration projects to compete design, implementation and management of complex infrastructures.
Our people make the difference.
Posting ID: 563573432Posted: 2021-01-27