Under general direction, the purpose of this position is to develop and manage the town's Capital Improvement Program. The Town's Capital Improvement Program is financially targeted to resource based general funds and grant or alternative source funds. The projects are prioritized and scheduled to fit available funding, cash flow and staff availability. Employees in this classification develop and integrate the Capital Improvement Program and manage the Capital Projects budget to facilitate project implementation.
- Complete responsibility for developing and integrating the town's 6-year Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) that prioritizes the town's most urgent capital improvement priorities within budget constraints
- Prepares, compiles and edits CIP documents and CIP budget book. Develops presentation materials as needed for public meetings, status briefings, budget discussions, etc
- Works with Town Planners, Finance Department, and all other Departments to establish an outyear plan that responds to town strategic plans
- Coordinates with a cross functional CIP review team that prioritizes projects to ensure that the prioritized CIP supports varied town capital improvement priorities
- Establishes and reviews project budget estimates and operating expense impacts to capture full life cycle project cost
- Presents CIP to Planning Commission, Town Manager and Town Council for final approval
- Coordinates funding sources and cash flows on active projects
- Coordinates or oversees special studies and planning studies as necessary to identify projects and develop project requirements
- Works with Department designees and Project Managers to monitor budgets, schedules, and scope changes and adjusts the program as necessary
- Provides periodic program status reports to Town Staff, Town Manager, Planning Commission, and Town Council
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science Degree. Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in capital project planning required with emphasis on finance, design, construction management and grant funding preferred.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable record
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Herndon Municipal Center, 777 Lynn street, Herndon, VA 20170
Posting ID: 601228361Posted: 2021-01-22