Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $73,000.00 /hour
LOCATION: Reston, VA
CLEARANCE: TS/SCI Full Scope Poly
VMR Strategic Solutions, LLC is currently seeking an experienced Microsoft System Administrator to support a Government contract located in Reston, VA. The ideal candidates must possess the following skills listed below.
Debug and diagnose platform or service outages for individual tenants on either the Azure or Office 365 services.
- Diagnose and mitigate platform faults for individual tenants or users.
- Troubleshoot client-side issues/experiences for Office products where issue may be with service or protocols from Office platform.
- Draft and share root cause analysis for Customer Reported Incidents (CRIs), including on-going metrics identifying repeat drivers or trends.
- Create positive outcomes for Microsoft partners and customers in critical outage situations.
- Analyze common faults and drive critical fixes that bring stability and/or reduce incident volume to the platform and customers.
- Identify and drive technical and procedural improvement across support.
- Identify customer dissatisfaction in real-time and handle the situation with professional and data driven conflict management including escalating to Microsoft to assist or assume ownership.
- Evaluate support needs and prepare to support new and/or updated features across the suite of services.
- Able to identify and script automatable problems, perform work with efficiency in mind
- Working knowledge of enterprise network gear including routers, switches, and load balancers
- Working knowledge of enterprise routing protocols and IP sub netting
- Experience using common diagnostic tools like Netmon, WinDBG and Wireshark
- Experience with PowerShell, SQL, and Python scripting
- Able to diagnose and mitigate faults
- Able to identify and drive recovery levers with feature teams
- Able to communicate effectively through written and oral English
- Able to interact with external customers and partners on behalf of Microsoft
- Ability to perform work under continuous deadline pressure
- Management tasks within the Identify services function, specifically around management of servers, roles, and any associated incidents
- Deploy/upgrade of core components, software and scheduled configuration changes in support of the identify services and roles
- Initial setup
- Bare-metal imaging
- Managing infrastructure roles
- Patching servers
- Deploying and upgrading software
- Scheduled configuration changes
- Active directory management
- GPO requests
- AD data retrieve and modify
- ADFS internal app registration
- Web Proxy requests
- SKU validation
- SOP driven tasks and common recurring tasks
- Tenant migration
- LID management
- Account management request tickets
- Secrets and certificates management
- Perform system and software updates/upgrades in accordance with policy
- Perform password resets to key network and active directory infrastructure in accordance with policy
- Follow Microsoft policies and procedures when performing actions on the network or active directory and other supporting services in support of Microsoft Government Online Services
- Diagnosing/debugging faults in complex online services and able to work one of the following shifts:
- Day (M-F, 0800-1700)
- Mid (M-F, 1600 - 0100)
- Night (M-F, 000-0900)
- Weekends Day (S-Su, 0800-2000 plus 2 weekday 8-hour shifts)
- Weekend Night (S-Su, 2000-0800 plus 2 weekday 8-hour shifts)
Posting ID: 562882788Posted: 2021-01-26