Come join our growing team with a 21st Century Vision! At KaylaTek, we understand that the key to our success is the quality of the people we employ. Our focus is not just on jobs, but on building and enhancing your career through ongoing professional development, training, and high quality of life. Our team members choose KaylaTek for a number of reasons including our competitive compensation and benefit packages, dedication to education, as well as our outstanding service. Our Grow Strong Vision encompasses a place for employees to grow, learn and feel a sense of belonging, not just a place to work.
You must have a DoD Top Secret Clearance/SCI or the ability to obtain SCI to be considered for this position.
KaylaTek has a Desktop Support Journeyman position supporting the AFNCR contract. This is a high visibility position supporting a premier Air Force contract.
JOB SUMMARY: Executive Level Desktop Support Technician in support of the AFNCR IT Services program. The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment.
- Provide installation and support services for computer hardware, standard and local software applications, communications, e-mail accounts, desktop and laptop systems, multi-function output devices, and computer support to both local and remote users.
- Installation services include managing the setup, installation, moves, adds, and changes for IT hardware and software. Assist users with hardware, software, and operational support requirements using industry standard practices. Tickets will be retrieved from the Remedy system.
- Troubleshoot IT related hardware, e.g., computers, laptops, printers, scanners, speakers, PDA's, cell phones, monitors, desktop cameras, and other peripheral devices, software, etc., to determine the best method of repair.
- When necessary coordinate the repair activities with the manufacturer or extended warranty vendor. Have basic LAN (Local Area Network) and WAN (Wide Area Network) operational knowledge and/or general working knowledge of how devices on a network communicate with each other.
- Provide IT services for MS Internet Explorer applications, and common system software.
- Provide IT infrastructure after hours & weekend support as necessary.
- High School Diploma/GED with 5+ years of relevant experience or Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of related experience, training, and/or certifications accepted in lieu of a degree..
- Currently possess a minimum DOD-8570 IAT2 certification
- Currently possess a DoD Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain SCI
- Working knowledge of Remedy and building reports for SLA Management.
- Military experience and comfortable working with Senior Military Leaders in a faced paced environment.
- Successful completion of military/civilian communications electronics and information technology courses.
- Successful completion of technical training associated with operations and maintenance of a Tech Control Facility equivalent to that required for US military AFSC 3C2X1, MOS 31P, or EC2318, Communications-Computer Systems Control Technician or the equivalent civilian training and work experience in a same or similar civilian or military systems control facility is required.
- Experience working telecommunications and information technology systems in a command center environment including a background in one or more of the following areas: Cryptographic Systems, Defense Red Switch Network, Tech Control, Command and Control Computer Systems, and Nuclear Command and Control.
MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN
KaylaTek is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. KaylaTek also participates in e-Verify.