A Customer Service Representative is the primary interface with customers of Keane’s Owner Location Services Division. This position is responsible for answering/placing inbound & outbound phone calls from potential customers, educating them regarding unclaimed property and their accounts, and determining their eligibility to file claims for assets that are at risk of turning over to the state. This is a customer service and sales role in which this indivudual works independently in multiple workflow systems, and with only general supervision.
Duties: Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Communicate with account owners or the entitled legal claimants by phone on a daily basis.
- Explain to owners or the entitled legal claimants not only the process of recovering and/or updating the at-risk account but, what additional services our company can provide throughout the process.
- Receive 30-40 inbound calls daily and educate the caller as to why they are receiving documentation from our company and in some instances offer Keane’s services.
- Place 10-20 outbound calls to warm customers, attempting to correct paperwork submitted by the customers incorrectly.
- Understand and apply guidelines developed by financial institutions related to the distribution of assets from a deceased account owner’s account.
- Using appropriate judgment and discretion to maintain regular communication with the owners or legal claimants via telephone and mail until the resolution of the case.
- Using appropriate judgment and discretion to determine whether an account owner or legal claimant could benefit from any of our other service offerings and offering the same.
- Expedite case processing as needed to prevent accounts from being reported to the state.
- 1-3 years’ experience in customer service or inside sales, or similar relevant experience in a customer facing role
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Experience with state and municipal guidelines related to estate laws a plus
- Experience with guidelines of financial institutions related distribution of assets from a deceased account owner’s account.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong process and organization skills
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office activity including keyboarding, heavy telephone usage, interacting with potential customers and other office staff, participating in meetings, extended periods of sitting and /or standing in an open office environment.
- Visual acuity to read computer screens and written materials.
- Ability to hear and speak on the telephone.
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 593723046Posted: 2021-01-26