$70,000+/year depending on experience
Job Description: This individual will be responsible for underwriting mortgage applications, compiles and creates credit decisions, interprets investor guidelines and policies, reviews all loan submissions to ensure that they meet the investor guidelines; weighs credit risk to ensure that the loans originated by USA Loans will be insurable by applicable agency and/or investor.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for underwriting mortgage files ensuring adherence to Company and investor credit quality standards
- Reviews and evaluates information on mortgage loan documents to determine if buyer, property, and loan conditions meet establishment and government standards.
- Coordinates underwriting activities with loan processing and loan closing to ensure loan requirements are met; notifies loan production personnel of incomplete files to obtain appropriate information necessary to complete loan packages.
- Ensures and upholds fair lending practices; meets targets for productivity, quality and customer satisfaction
- Analyzes appraisals (including FHA, under DE program and SAR under VA program, Portfolio Jumbo). Reviews the fees appraiser's reports for completeness and conformity with industry-accepted appraisal practices and techniques as well as all other Federal Housing Administration (FHA) and Veterans Administration (VA) requirements. Determines the reasonable value of the property and any conditions which must be met prior to VA guaranty of the loan.
- Provides support to Loan Officers and Processors regarding questions and/or clarification of inquiries, loan files, and underwriting guidelines.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- FHA DE and SAR Designation Preferred
- Knowledge of FHA Streamline and VA IRRLS
- Thorough knowledge of all GSE underwriting requirements as it pertains to -Correspondent TPO Lending.
- Strong understanding of the operational responsibilities involved in the purchase and transfer of whole loan assets as it pertains to credit quality
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Effective verbal and written communications, including active listening, and presenting findings and recommendations
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment
- Working knowledge of Jumbo loans
- Strong knowledge of FHA, VA guidelines
- Active use of VA/FHA authority preferred
- Knowledge of QM/ATR requirements
- Proficiency in paperless loan processing
- Strong sense of urgency-meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency to perform job duties in a fast-paced environment
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Finance preferred
- 4 years of mortgage underwriting experience
- 3 -4 years of VA and FHA loan experience preferred
For more information call 304-363-4712, email your resume to email@example.com or apply today!
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work-just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]]