The Poole and Kent Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group. Inc.Poole and Kent is one of the leading mechanical contractors in the eastern United States. Our construction and service (mechanical and electrical) experience includes a broad range of commercial and government projects, including data centers, hospitals, sports stadiums, convention centers, hotels, and research laboratories. SUMMARY
The entry level Safety Representative position is an important role for the company. The ideal candidate will assist the Director, Loss Control in the administrative processes in support of the safety controls, processes, and procedures for the prevention of disease or injury caused by chemical, physical, and biological agents or ergonomic factors. This entry level position will provide the opportunity to develop on the job experience in learning how to conduct inspections, accident/incident investigations and enforce adherence to laws and regulations governing the health and safety of individuals. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Assist the Director, Loss Control in procedures and processes to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Responsible for administrative tasks to include, but not limited to, the safety management information system (SMIS) data entry for injury reporting and/or reporting as may be required in accordance with company procedures and protocols.
- Responsible for administrative record keeping of Fleet Program and record keeping.
- At the direction of the Director of Loss Control, assist with the investigation of accidents to identify causes or to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future.
- Assists the project team and project safety lead with the Inspection or evaluation of workplace environments, equipment, or practices to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
- At the direction of the Director of Loss Control, consistently update Health And Safety Plans (HASP), Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) other safety documentation, and compliance objectives as needed.
- Assists with the record keeping and scheduling of safety training, toolbox talks, and ensure all applicable employees have all appropriate training certifications and experience for their respective roles (field and office).
- Assists the project team and project safety lead with the scheduled and unscheduled safety audits at all job sites; must have the ability to enforce safety program and report any safety violations.
- Assist with daily safety checklists for tools, equipment, and other materials and fleet as needed.
- Assist with the administrative completion of incident reports and investigations.
- Promote a zero accident environment for all company activities.
- Assist with coordination of drug and alcohol testing as needed.
- Assist the Director of Loss Control, project team and project safety lead with compliance of the Safety Program, OSHA, company operating policies and procedures, and provide for safe working environments for employees.
- Perform additional assignments as required by the operating needs of the company or as directed by Director of Loss Control, project team and project safety lead.
- Must be able to meet the fitness for duty requirements as set forth by the assigned projects/customer requirements.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license and have reliable transportation.
- Flexibility in assigned work schedule and location within Northern VA area is required with this position.
- 1-3 years experience in a safety related department or field.
- Familiarity with Health And Safety Plans (HASP's) and Job Hazard Analysis (JHA's).
- OSHA 30-hour construction safety class or equivalent and maintain competency through 24 hours of formal safety and health related coursework every four years.
- Familiarity with the construction industry, OSHA, federal, state, and city environmental and safety regulations and practices.
- Four year college degree (or equivalent electrical construction-related work experience) preferred.
- CHST, STS, OSHA 500 all are a plus.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, (i.e. Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Working knowledge of project and financial software a plus.
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Must demonstrate integrity, honesty, professionalism, and appropriate concern regarding dissemination of sensitive and confidential information.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work well in a team oriented work environment and flexibility to take on added responsibilities when department demands present with additional work load.
- Must demonstrate professional self discipline in performing work, attention to detail and committed to performing work within specified deadlines.
- Must prioritize and organize work in a fast paced multi-tasking environment.
- Must build positive working relationships with multiple levels of employees, management, suppliers, and customers.
- Must demonstrate commitment to company values.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of customer, employees, unions, government agencies, vendors and suppliers, and other contractor organizations. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to commute to field locations. The employee must have the ability to navigate around job site locations. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to work outdoors, be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical and electrical parts; high, precarious places; dust, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions, extended exposure to sunlight; cold and heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled