Contractors turn to Ace Avant for the coveted combination of quality, service, safety and innovation. Our position as a leader in the industry has been earned with a strong work ethic, dedication to quality, and thoughtful innovation. Our experienced employee tenure reflects the commitment and pride we share in our work and our team.
We are currently looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals join our team. We provide a fun work atmosphere, with a team-oriented, positive attitude. Join an industry leader in commercial concrete work with year-round work!
Job Duties include:
- Performs a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in commercial construction projects; performs manual work in preparing surfaces for concrete, exterior paving, sidewalk, tilt wall etc.
- Lubricates and cleans machinery, equipment, and tools.
- Erects and disassembles scaffolding, shoring, braces and other temporary structures.
- Builds and positions forms for pouring concrete and dismantles forms after use, using saws, hammers, nails, or bolts.
- Dig trenches and levels earth to grade specifications, using pick, shovel, and rake.
- Shovels bituminous concrete into construction areas.
- Grinds, scrapes, sands, or polishes surface, such as concrete surfaces for cleaning or finishing, using abrasive tools or machines.
- Mixes concrete and mortar and grout.
- Use pressure washer and sprayers.
- Cut lumber to specified dimensions, and drill holes lumber.
- Hold plumb bobs, sighting rods, and other equipment, to aid in establishing reference points and lines.
- Align, straighten, plum and square form for installation.
- May drive vehicles with the capacities under 26,000 GVW.
- If required, Inspect and maintain vehicles and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tire, lights and brakes in order to ensure that the vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Report accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations.
- Maintains a clean job site: picks up all tools and equipment and secures job site each day to eliminate potential hazards.
- Signals equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment and materials.
- Performs materials handling and storage.
- Loads and unloads trucks.
- 3+ years of experience is preferred
- Able to pass a drug test
- Must be able to move materials and equipment weighing up to 50+ pounds
- Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation required
- Frequent standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, ladder and stair climbing and occasional crawling and twisting are a must to perform the basic functions of the job
- Follow instructions as directed by foreman/superintendent.
- Must be able to follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment
Our core values include Integrity, Safe happy employees, happy clients and a good bottom line. Join our team and find your new home at Ace/Avant!
Benefits & Compensation:
- HIGHLY COMPETITIVE PAY
- YEAR-ROUND WORK
- AGGRESSIVE WAGE INCREASES
- *AFFORDABLE HEALTH AND DENTAL INSURANCE
- *SHORT-TERM DISABILITY INSURACE
- *FREE SUPPLIMENTAL LIFE INSURANCE
- *401K PLAN OFFERED AND MATCHED
(* after eligibility periods)
Posting ID: 568033171Posted: 2021-01-26