To learn more about how Willamette Dental Group is keeping our employees safe, please visit https://willamettedental.com/safety/
The Orthodontic Dental Assistant must be proficient with general assisting (orthodontic and/or Invisalign experience preferred) to provide the Orthodontist with assistance in the delivery of dental care and service in order to achieve the best possible treatment for the patient.
- Perform all dental procedures permitted consistent with the applicable state laws and regulations.
- Change orthodontic wires, appliances and other apparatus' as directed by the orthodontist.
- Prepare and maintain instruments, equipment and materials for all dental procedures, while ensuring our patients are as relaxed and comfortable as possible.
- Be able to counsel out patients in post-operative care and general oral health, as well as demonstrate an understanding of evidence based dentistry.
- Take impressions of patients' teeth for study casts; pour and trim patient study models as needed.
- Oregon Dental Radiologic Proficiency certificate, required or willing to obtain.
- Oregon EFODA (Expanded Function Orthodontic Dental Assistant) certificate, required or willing to obtain.
- Active Dental Assistant Registration at hire.
- Idaho Expanded Functions certificate(s), required or willing to obtain
- A stable, dentist-owned private company with an eye on the future.
- Excellent benefits, including paid time off, 401K with generous company match, and medical dental, life and disability insurances. Tuition reimbursement.
- A culture of inclusivity and respect in line with our core values of Health, Compassion, Innovation and Integrity.
- Supportive community outreach dollars and encouragement to volunteer.
- Thorough employee orientation and onboarding.
Willamette Dental Group is an equal opportunity employer.
- A provider and employer of choice in the Northwest for 50 years.
- Dental insurance + providers in over 50 general and specialty offices in OR, WA and ID.
- Dedicated to proactive care to facilitate the best possible outcomes.
We evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status and other protected characteristics.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
This position may be exposed to PHI in the course of his/her duties, and will handle protected information (PHI) in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
Posting ID: 601927217Posted: 2021-02-21