Overview CHENEGA PROFESSIONAL & TECHNICAL SERVICES, LLC
Company Job Title: Senior SQL Developer- CPTS
Chenega Job Title: System Architect IV
Location: Arlington, VA
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
Chenega Professional & Technical Services (CPTS) is seeking an experienced and motivated Senior SQL Developer
to be part of DEA's enterprise data warehouse development team. You will work in a collaborative team environment to design, develop and enhance DEA's enterprise data warehouse. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for SQL Script development and creation of SSIS packages for ETL work.
- May write SSRS reports or facilitate data access by other means as needed.
- Conducts performance tuning and database design, dimensional analysis and modeling.
- Maintains and adds to an extensive set of SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS) packages for Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) data manipulation.
- Maintain, enhance, and create enterprise and application level SQL Server Report Service (SSRS) and other Business Intelligence (BI) tools. If requested, the EDW team will leverage SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) for performance purposes.
- Supports the review of database systems from non-Concorde applications in other DEA offices
- Participates in daily Agile stand-up meetings and monthly planning sessions, sprint reviews, and retrospective sessions.
- Other duties as assigned
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Engineering or a related discipline.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the design, development and implementation of SQL Server databases creating and maintaining T-SQL Procedures, functions, packages and triggers.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with SSIS packages for data manipulation and loading.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with the SQL Server 2012 environment
- Knowledge of, and experience within, an Agile development environment.
- Knowledge of, and ability to use, MS Team Foundation Server.
- Highly skilled at SQL Script development.
- Ability to create reports via SSRS; solid understanding of a variety of BI tools.
- Knowledge of, and prior experience with SSIS.
- Knowledge of Kimball methodology highly desired
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Posting ID: 548843587Posted: 2021-01-06